14 - Maybe A Way Forward

MAYBE A WAY FORWARD

The next morning, Louis woke up to breakfast in bed with Lottie sitting by the side, munching away at her own food. It felt a little creepy to Louis, not used to his sisters snooping in and watching him sleep. He sat up straight, rubbing a this eyes and raising an eyebrow at his younger sister who gave an innocent smile.

"What on earth are you doing here?" He muttered, his voice straining from the lack of sleep he had received last night.

He had been up all night thinking about Harry, his charming smile and personality and the reason he had ended up here in the first place. He wanted to get rid of these toxic thoughts, find a way around them and get on with his life but it felt impossible. After all, this was just the start of moving on and he's already done it once -- he can do it again. Once he had managed to fall asleep, he was being haunted by the endless memories of Harry when they were younger and there was only one way of labelling a dream like this: it was definitely a nightmare. It had come to daunt Louis, to remind him he'll never get over Harry even if he tried.

Lottie grinned, looking up from her pancakes. "You slept in quite late."

Louis glanced over to his clock to see it was nearly 11am and he groaned loudly, picking up his pillow and burying his head in it. If it could erase all his thoughts while doing so, that would be great. At least he didn't have to do anything too mindblowing today -- just go for a lunch with his mum.

"I needed the sleep," he just shrugged, picking up the plate of food that had been brought up for him and smiled. "Mum remembers all the favourites, just the way I like it." The plate contained three pancakes, drizzled in syrup with a dash of powdered sugar on top with a small bowl of various berries and a pot of frozen yogurt. It was quite a lot, and very filling but Louis didn't mind. He hadn't been eating properly for the past month as it is.

"She went a little overboard, if you ask me," Lottie giggled. "Not to mention, you're going for lunch in about three hours."

"I don't think I'll be feeling it!" Louis gestured down to his plateful of delicious goods and rubbed his belly, digging straight in. He ate like a complete pig when he was at home, not needing to worry about his weight or how much he was eating or calories. It was completely out of control and he loved it.

"Of course you will. Mum loves this restaurant, she goes here so often. I got to say, she's been rather moody lately."

Louis chuckled. "She's pregnant, what do you expect?"

Lottie shrugged, smiling. "I can't wait for another set of twins. Though, it will be a handful."

Louis just sighed, nodding and agreeing. The more the merrier though. He loved being the oldest, having more siblings to be able to raise. "I'll have to come around more often then, won't I?" He teased.

Lottie nodded enthusiastically, seeming to really like the idea. Louis felt bad that he avoided his family for so long, not dropping by so often especially since he lived quite close. It wasn't fair that he didn't give them the time of the day since they were so supportive, loving and never failed to remind him how special he is, all he's achieved. He leaned forward, giving Lottie a sloppy, wet kiss on the forehead before finishing off all his breakfast

Louis got changed, slipping on casual, comfortable clothes so he didn't feel like he was trying to make any effort today. He liked this life, the simple lifestyle were you weren't worried about leaving the house looking like a tramp because you are going to get photographed from every possible angle. He went downstairs, smiling fondly at his mother who was cleaning away in the kitchen and also kissed her softly on the cheeks.