17 - Baby We Were Fireproof

BABY, WE WERE FIREPROOF

The next morning wasn't ideal. Louis woke up to find out that the pictures had viral, plastered all over the social media and the question of who the mystery guy was started surfacing around. Of course people got excited over new people on the media, especially if they were exceptionally beautiful like Harry.

He tried to ignore it, put it to one side and move on with his life but he realised that maybe it had affected Harry more than anything. After all, that night he looked worried and had never wanted to reach home more desperately than before. It was like he had a wake up call, wanting to escape from Louis before anything happened.

It didn't matter though, Louis wasn't upset or fazed that Harry was in a rush to get home. He obviously wasn't used to being followed, seen out in public and being rudely interrupted by pictures being taken. It had become a sad norm in Louis's life, almost expecting it every time he stepped out of the house. His friends, however, were completely new to the whole concept.

Zayn and Liam tried to get used to it as soon as Louis started to get famous, covering their faces everytime they were spotted out in public but Niall loved the attention. Despite managing to stay ghost on social media and keeping it all private, he went crazy in front of the paparazzi and always posed.

Harry would just be like Zayn and Liam-- trying to avoid it on most days. The fact that maybe Louis could go out with him more often, trying to get him used to fame as an exciting factor all in all.

As much as Louis wanted to go and meet up with Harry again, kiss him softly and ask him if everything was okay-- he had a meeting with management about his tour and it would probably include Eleanor. He had literally forgotten she even existed, neglecting her presence and not keeping in touch with her. He definitely had to message her every now and then if he was going to do business with her.

That's all their relationship was: a business plan, a way to get more money for the management team and himself though Louis didn't believe in it. He believed in being free, expressing yourself and never having to hide anything away.

Louis pulled a beanie over his messy hair, not caring to style it today and slipped into comfortable clothes as he slipped out of the house and alerted his security guard to meet up with him so they could go to this meeting. He was already worn out from all the bullshit that he was going to have to hear, he didn't like discussing anything that related to his personal life. He was here for his music, his fans and nothing more.

"You're going to have a long day today," Alberto joked, chuckling as he drove Louis down to the headquarters.

That didn't sound the slightest appealing to Louis who groaned, leaning back in his seat and running a hand down his face in frustration. "I want nothing more than have a smoke and eat right now."

"You can have all that later, can't you?"

"I guess, it just isn't the same when I'm forced to these useless meetings in the morning."

"Ey now, it isn't all useless!" Alberto tried to attempt at making the atmosphere more light, bringing some source of happiness in. "Some of the team really care about you!"

"I only like you," Louis said childish.

"Of course you do, I'm the best security guard you could come across!" Alberto had a smug smile on his face, obviously very pleased with the statement Louis had made and was trying to hide it away. It wasn't very common for Louis to compliment or remind the other person they were loved unless it was Harry.

"Alright, don't get too happy!" Louis chuckled, also in a good mood now. Alberto had that affect on him and he was glad that he had such a good relationship with him. It made his job ten times easier.