27 - Say Hello To A New Beginning

SAY HELLO TO A NEW BEGINNING

"So whose the newly wed bride?" Louis asked over the phone to his mum, lazing around on the sofa and sipping away at a can of coke. He was awake earlier than normal just to catch a call from his mother from her honeymoon. She was delighted to be going away for a while to Bora Bora, her dream location and she was over the moon. Louis was really happy with the outcome of the wedding, exceeding it's expectations and ending up with a loving boyfriend who was still snoring away upstairs.

Jay laughed over the line, sounding so light and happy-- it was refreshing to hear. Finally, all his family was sorted and everyone had something going for them. "I'm good, thank you. Dan is treating me really well here."

"I'm sure he is," Louis rolled his eyes. "How's the place?"

"It's brilliant! Just how I expected it. Lovely beach, huts-- it's all so magical. I wish you and Harry and the girls were here!"

"Ssh, why would we be there? It's your damn honeymoon!"

"I just really miss you guys. The wedding was so magical, exactly how I imagined it to be."

The pictures of the wedding had been released on the same day, spreading all over the internet and all over twitters as devoted fangirls were crazy. Louis grinned as he scrolled through all the tweets girls had sent him, finding himself to be blown away by Harry's beauty. He looked so intrigued by everything around him, acting like himself and a clear smile on his face in all the pictures. It was also amazing how Harry had met Louis's family, introducing himself and making himself homely around everyone else. It just all felt like a dream.

"Same, the wedding was good."

Louis purposely missed out the details of Dalton turning up, not wanting his mother's image of the perfect wedding to be tainted and ruined. He was irrelevant, he needed to be forgotten and never brought up.

"Dan is so amazing Lou. How did I get so lucky?" She sighed dreamily through the other end.

"He best stay amazing," Louis muttered back, his voice threatening and low.

"What's your plan for today then?"

"Well, me and Harry decided to go back and meet Anne..." Louis said, his voice trailing away. He really wanted Harry to get back, mix in with the people who really matter but he was afraid. He was afraid that his mother was going to reject him at the front door. She wasn't a fan of Dalton right from the beginning and Harry didn't want to hurt her anymore. Louis was almost certain that Anne wouldn't do that, she was loving and she always accepted everyone back with open arms. He was so fond of Anne and hadn't seen her for almost four years now. They definitely needed to make that trip.

"What, really? Is he up for it?" Jay sounded more concerned now.

He shrugged, sighing. "He's a little scared."

"Do you blame the poor guy? He literally left his family to move with this complete bastard who turned out to be abusive! He's probably feeling like complete shit, Lou."

"He does, I know he does."

At night, Louis didn't dare fall asleep before Harry did. Harry was the big spoon, cuddling up to him and trying to make himself comfortable as Louis got used to the feeling of finally having someone to sleep with. He would wait in complete silence, scared to breathe too loudly until Harry's breathing went even and he was blissfully taken away by dreams. Then, Louis would allow him to catch a wink of sleep too. Sometimes, during the night whilst Louis waited, Harry would end up clutching tighter and squeezing Louis until he was struggled but didn't budge-- he wanted to provide that comfort for his boyfriend. It was just hard to lay there, knowing your love is hurting but not knowing the right words to say to make him feel better.