thirteen

a/n nothing makes me more happy that an arizona iced tea and some hickory sticks. these are my thing. like. ahhh, also im just switching the whole thingy book into third person so i dont have to annoy you with the 'no pov cause im lazy' lol. ok bye <3

-caylin :3

november 2 1989-

continued from last chapter...

"hey."

"its funny you called, i was about to call you..." richie laughed.

"heh, wow. well-"

"i was wondering if you wanted to go to the diner with me."

"what."

"i haven't seen you in two days. that sounds dumb, i- i've missed you."

"i've missed you too. but um.. i guess i am hungry." eddie was beginning to pace around the room. bev smiled at him and gave eddie a double thumbs up.

"great! ill be there in 5 minutes."

"FIVE?!" eddies jaw dropped. "i need more time..."

"why."

"don't question me. come over in 10 minutes, i need to change. i look like death right now."

"i'll be there."

"bye richie."

"bye eds."

eddie hung up. he ran upstairs to his room.

"bev! you can leave now! im going for food!" eddie yelled down to bev.

"love you too eddie." bev yelled back. "good luck!" she left and walked back to her house.

eddie changed out of his clothes and put on something more... suitable for public. a yellow polo shirt and some jeans. 

-a few minutes later-

the doorbell rang. eddie runs downstairs and opens the front door to reveal a smiling richie. 

"hello there lovely." richie smirked at eddie. 

"hmm." eddie narrowed his eyes and frowned. 

"shall we eds?" richie smirked at eddie and turned away from eddie. eddie followed the taller boy out the door. eddie closed the door and locked it. richie opened the passenger door on his car for eddie. eddie laughed. he hopped into the car and richie closed the door for him. richie walked around the car and sat down on the driver seat. 

"to the diner!" richie screamed. eddie giggled. 

-at the diner-

"how have you been eds?" richie asked.

"i've been fine. i mean i just saw you two days ago."

"ha. yes. they must have been so boring."

"not really." richies jaw dropped at eddies comment.

"you were not bored when i was not around. like, my number one job is to make sure my friends have fun with me"

"you do a good job then." eddie smiled.

"not good enough."

"i think everyone has a great time with you."

"do you want to have a better time eds?" richie asked.

"hmm..?"

"do you want to-"

"yes i know what you said. but what do you mean?"

"we can go to the arcade, the park, the movies, see who can drink milkshakes faster. you know."

"i'd crush you."

"doubt it." richie laughed. 

"you confident with that?" eddie raised his eyebrows.

"mhmm." richie nodded. 

it was on. the two were going to compete in drinking a milkshake. richie got a vanilla milkshake and eddie got a chocolate, their favourites. so, they counted down from five and began to chug down the milkshakes. richie had gotten a brain freeze almost instantly, causing a huge lead by eddie. though, richie had caught up eventually and beat eddie by three seconds. 

"ha! take that eddie!" richie laughed. he was very proud.

"you cheated!" eddie started. "i would ha-"

"how did i cheat eddie bear?" richie smirked.

"you didn't use the straw." eddie argued.

"oh please, neither did you."

"hmm... fair enough." eddie narrowed his eyes inspecting his own glass.

"so eds... to the arcade?" 

-------------

a/n hehe thats short but i try.

- caylin :3