twenty-five

november 25 1989--

"can i have the clothes you brought for me rich?" eddie asked as he shuffled around on the bed, tightening the towel around his waist. richie nodded and handed them over.

"it's the best i could find. and i know it's too inappropriate for a grocery store but it's as good as it's gonna get in this house." the other replied handing over the bulky pile of clothes. eddie grabbed them and walked back to the bathroom. when he got there he opened up them and noticed what richie had picked out. a dark red miniskirt and a small black shirt. eddie immediately threw them onto the ground as he walked out of the bathroom. 

"i am not wearing that dickhead." eddie said as walked towards richie's drawers, ruffling through them, trying to find something he could wear. he really didn't want to go home to find something, and he also didn't want to put back on what he had been wearing for a couple of days now. but he had no such luck. everything richie owned was obviously way larger than what eddie would normally wear and would probably just slide right off of him, although richie might like that.

but when eddie came across a hoodie that was hung over richie's desk chair, he grabbed it. it smelt like richie and it gave eddie chills. eddie had always thought the other had a comforting smell. he mostly smelt like smoke from his cigarettes he would smoke during lunch with beverly. although richie also gave off a small hint of lavender that made eddie feel happy. it was so calming and such a weird but good combination in eddie's eyes. although he wished that smoking wasn't so dangerous and bad for richie's health. 

anyway, eddie gladly took the plain navy blue hoodie and slipped it on. he continued his search for pants, richie giving eddie an odd look. 

"if you want i could just run to your house and just grab a bunch of your clothes and stuff so you don't have to go on massive treasure hunts for buried clothing." richie laughed. 

"that would be wonderful and all, but, what if my mom hears you. you do know that she will fire your ass and then murder you because i didn't come home last night."

"oh babe i know a way to make the big bad sonia stay calm." richie smirked walking closer to eddie.

eddie rolled his eyes. "fine fine. go get me some clothing. but please try and be quiet."

"i will." and with that richie left the room, leaving eddie alone, who quickly ran into the bathroom as soon as he heard richie leave the house. eddie picked up the skirt and eyed it. he brought it back into richie's room and removed the towel and put on the skirt. he walked to the mirror that was laying against one of the walls and twirled around in the skirt. when he did, he saw part of his ass since he wasn't wearing anything underneath. 

eddie really liked how he looked in the skirt. he had a small boost in confidence, inside the house. he knew he would be too scared to wear it anywhere outside of richie's house. so much that could go wrong if he did....

he put the skirt back into the bathroom to make it seem like he hadn't tried it on. he put the towel back on and wandered around richie's room in search of something embarrassing of baby/toddeler richie. and he did find just that. 

richie's second grade yearbook. 

eddie quickly opened the book and rummaged through the pages looking for a class photo or any photo of richie. and he did indeed find the class photo. it was small little richie with huge coke bottle glasses, probably the same ones he still had, huge front teeth and short straight black hair. unlike his now, very long and curly hair. eddie smiled. he hadn't look at any of his year books. although he now wished he had. he missed so many funny photos of his friends. and awkward photos of eddie which would be great to laugh at the stupidity of now. 

as eddie was flipping through the pages, he found one of his classmates, greta, smiling at the camera. he noticed that behind her were two kids, sitting and crying.

oh god. eddie thought. is-is that-?

"is that me?" he gasped as the few memories came back to him. 

--

a/n im sorry for being so inactive. i don't really have a reason and i am so sorry. this is kinda short but i think i might update either tomorrow or the day after that. <3

and if you are still reading this, i love you 💕💖💗

-caylin <3