eighteen

(this chapter is happening at the same time as the last one ((ish i guess)) got it? thank you loves🥰) 

november 24 1989--

"ayyy elle!" beverly squealed as she ran through the halls and jumping onto her friend.

"hi bev. how are you hun." elle smiled hugging bev.

"sooo, hows basketball?" bev laughed backing away from elle.

"pretty good, we won the last couple games so thats good." elle shrugged.

"whats wrong?" bev tried to smile.

"i wish you were on the team." elle grabbed bevs hands and started to swing them. swinging them as if they were playing ring around the rosie. like they used to, when they were young. 

fLAsH bAcK mArY timE yEeT--

elle was giggling. "max! come over here!" she cried reaching her arms out at max. max ran over to her best friend and smiled.

"elle! i made you a mud cake. its got very fancy dandelions on it." the red-haired girl cried dragging elle over to where her 'masterpiece' was. when they arrived there stood a small pile of mud and dirt covered in dandelions and rose petals. 

"MAX!" elle grinned. "this is such a masterpiece." she hugged her friend. "i wish bevvie was here. she would have loved it."

"i know, but i got my mommy to call her mommy. i think she might come over soon."

"really! wow. itll be us three admiring this masterpiece." elle had just heard her adopted father jim hopper say masterpiece. now elle couldnt stop saying it. she couldnt stop saying it about maxs mud cake to be specific. elle admired max and bev, they were both brave red haired girls who were so kind. 

"hey elle! max!" they heard. "im here!" elle and max turned around and saw their friend bev.

"bevvie!" the two others beamed. they ran over to her and hugged her. "bevvie! i made you and elle a cake." max said. 

"really! why maxine?" the small bev asked.

"umm. mommy said you two were leaving." max said, looking down fiddling with her fingers.

"what?" the other two asked. max shook her head. 

"i dont know really." max tried to smile. "can we play ring around the rosie?"  elle and bev nodded their heads. 

--

bev smiled at elle. "i legit have zero basketball skill so..." elle didnt look convinced. "well i am going to watch the next one. there is one tomorrow, right?" bev asked. elle nodded.  

"ok," elle smiled, it was weak, but it was there. "i guess ill see you later." bev nodded.

"bye hun!" bev laughed.

"bye baby!" elle smiled waving.

--

a/n ok bye loves im going to go cry a lot. then i think ill watch the flash. ok byeeee. 💖💗💕