Chapter Seven

*Nikita's POV*

       An hour after being shown to my room I had made up my mind. My wolf and I argued over my decision but she reluctantly agreed with me. We were not going to be some "trophy wife" to this ass-hat. We will go home, back to our family and friends. The people who loved and cared about us, even if I was feeling slightly betrayed by John at the moment. Maybe he truly didn't know what Conan had planned for me. I don't know, I don't know what to think about the whole situation but I'll be damned if I'm just going to do what Conan wants.

The man completely and utterly confuses me. I was sure we were making progress on the way here. I could actually see myself building a future with that man, the man in the woods. He was amazing. Sweet, funny, caring.. the way a mate should be. His change in behavior nearly gave me whiplash, yes he had shown a rough side back in my pack but nothing like this. Here he was so cold.. he didn't care about me, about my feelings. Even when he knew I was hurting all he could say was "stop crying". The sadness inside me quickly turned to anger, how dare he. How dare he treat me like this. Fuck no. I'm out of here.

With my duffle bag slung over my shoulder I made my way towards his office. Now that I was here I began to feel nervous. Could I really do this? Could I really leave him? Setting my bag down next to the door I took a deep breath, you can do this Nikita. I raised my hand and knocked. Nothing.. Okay. Biting my lip before knocking again, still nothing. Anger began to build inside me. He is clearly inside, I can smell him from here. I knocked again, louder this time but he still did not answer. Screw this shit. I grab the door handle and barge right in. There he was, sitting behind a desk, paperwork spread out across it. He was staring at the wall to the right of the room.

"Conan." I used a soft polite tone, figuring you catch more flies with sugar than shit. He didn't even acknowledge me, just continued to stare at the damn wall. My anger was raging inside of me now, how fucking dare he bring me here. Treat me like I was nothing and now he's flat out ignoring me. I growled as I stepped into the room, hands on my hips. Conan turned, his eyes landing on me. A look of confusion crossed his face before it was quickly replaced with his blank expression.

"Can I help you with something?" His voice is flat. Only adding more fuel to my fire.

"Oh, now you notice me? I've been standing outside knocking. When you didn't answer I came in and you ignored me for damn near ten minutes." I retort. Sighing he pinched the bridge of his nose. I rolled my eyes at him.

"I didn't hear you knock, or come in. Is there something you need?"

"From you? No. I was simply here to inform you that I am leaving." My tone was firm as I put as much ice into my words as possible.

"Excuse me?" He asks, standing from his chair.

"You heard me. I am leaving, going back to my pack. You know, the one where I'm actually wanted."

"Nikita, you can not leave. You know as well as I do what will happen if you do." I scoff and shake my head. Like that would be enough to keep anyone here.

"Ha. Like I give a crap. I'd rather be criminally insane then stay here with someone like you." Hearing this Conan growls.

"I told you to watch your tone when speaking to me." I roll my eyes again.

"Oh stuff it up your ass Alpha Conan."

A snarl comes from him before he's standing in front of me. His body mere inches from mine, my breathing is ragged. I barely seen him move before he was in front of me. Damn he's fast. Anger is radiating off him in waves causing me to swallow hard.

"Do not disrespect me, mate." His voice sounding almost disgusted with the last word. Causing a shooting pain to my heart. His words only anger me more.