Chapter Twenty Eight

After Doctor Rob did his examination it was determined that I had to stay another night in the hospital. My vocal cords had torn again, my ribs were pretty much the same but I did add another broken one to the collection. My leg was was mostly concerned him, I made the break worse and it did indeed have to be reset after they took the temporary cast off, only to have a cast put right back on with a sturdier material. 

That night in the pack hospital my health had taken a dive. As Doctor Rob had feared, my wolf was to exhausted and strained. Quinn was far to weakened to heal me right now. The internal bleeding had been healed but other internal injuries had yet to be fixed. My blood pressure dropped dangerously low, my body could not regulate a normal temperature. Thankfully Dominic had stayed with me again, he was the first to notice something wasn't right. Even with the heat from his body I began to shake and shiver, worrying him enough to call in the night shift nurses who immediately got Doctor Rob to come in once they noticed my vitals.

During the whole ordeal I was out of it, a better term I guess would be comatose. I could hear everything around me, I could even hear Dominic's desperate pleas in our mind link for me to wake up and just open my eyes. I was just as panicked as he was, I couldn't respond at all. I couldn't do anything, talk or even mind link with my mate. I couldn't move at all, not even to open my eyes. I had even lost all connection with my wolf, I could no longer feel her. My body was slowly shutting down and soon I even lost the ability to breath on my own.

Doctor Rob had me intubated right away and put on a ventilator. With a machine breathing for me they began to work on the rest of me. My organs were shutting down and failing me. After being rushed into a operating room, the doctors opened me up to find that my liver and kidneys were already eighty percent failing. Thankfully the quick working doctors were able to find the problem. Stitching up a few small holes as well as removing one of my kidneys which had been completely turned to mush from the powerful jaws of one of the rouges that had attacked me. The panic still wasn't over even after the surgery, yes I was alive and stable for now but I wasn't out of the woods yet. I was now in the ICU unit of the pack hospital. My lungs still were not able to function on their own and I was still in a state of comatose. I remember listening so helplessly as Dominic's rage only grew, he was taking it out on the doctors and nurses. His anger only fueled by his pain, his fear and his desperation. I could feel everything he was feeling, every single emotion as they threatened to drown him. Brent and a few of the warriors had to restrain Dominic when he flew into a blind rage as Doctor Rob tried to explain what had happened to me. Eventually they had to drag him away from the hospital. His wolf was threatening to come out and Dom was close to losing his control over Ace.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

         What felt like an eternity later, which was probably only a few hours. Dominic came back smelling like his usual musky spice but I could also smell that he had been out running in the woods, the scent of pine and sweat was clear on him as he silently took a seat next to my bed. His emotions were rolling off of him in waves, as the constant beeping of my monitors echoed through the room. The weird whooshing sound of the ventilator right along with it. Dominic's fear and sadness only grew inside him and I desperately wanted nothing more than to be able to tell him I was okay. To touch him, and feel the tingles of our bond. To see his stupidly handsome face, his deep and beautiful eyes.

For a long while he simply sat there next to my bed in silence. I knew he was blaming himself for this, for everything that happened. He was meticulously going over every little detail of what had taken place on the mountain as well as what happened yesterday in my hospital room. His thoughts were agonizing, every fiber in my being wanted to be able to reach out and slap the crap out of him. This was not his fault, none of it was. We were not expecting to be ambushed by that many rouges. No one could have predicted that and yesterday was certainly not predictable.