Chapter Thirty Nine

"Luna!" Someone calling out to me caught my attention, looking over my shoulder I stopped and waited for the tall lanky teen to catch up to me.

"Luna.. Luna" The boy panted "I-I was sent by.. by Jenna to get you." He huffed out in between breaths, hands on his waist as he bent over slightly. He must have been booking it to be this out of breath. I turned around to face him, one eyebrow raised.

"What's the matter?"

"She.. she has gone into labor" His breathing now coming in more regular. Not even waiting to question him further I turned on my heel and took off for the stairs.

It's been a hellish week.. Most of our injured are either fully healed or getting there, aside from those with life changing wounds. Dominic has increased training as well as patrols along the pack border. He's also increased security in and around the territory, including a security detail on me. If I leave the pack house I have four guards that follow my every move, not to mention the guards that come in and out of the house are always checking on me. They think I don't notice them but oh I sure do. They aren't that sneaky, plus I've always been a very observant person. The only place I can ever get 'Alone' time is when I'm in the safety and security of the pack house but even then it has been pretty difficult to even have time to sit and think.

I've spent my days by getting up every morning to get Jackson ready for his classes, once I've dropped him off I go to the kitchen and help with making lunches for all the warriors. They train for hours everyday, sometimes I have to go out there and make Dominic release them just so they can eat before he has them right back out to train. He's pushing them to hard but I understand why, I just wish there was something more I could do. When I finish lunch for them I help with cleaning before I go and help in the nursery for a couple of hours before Jackson's school day is over.

Jackson's speech has really been improving with each passing day and I couldn't be any prouder. Once I get him a quick lunch we spend a few hours doing his homework and goofing around or watching movies until  dinner time and before he has to go to bed. The atmosphere in the pack has been very tense and edgy since that day but Dominic's mood has been even worse. The only time we even really speak is during dinner and even then I feel like I'm walking on very thin ice. I know the stress is getting to him, his need to protect everyone and the worry of the unknown has him up until the late hours of the night.

Some night's he hasn't even come to bed, I found him passed out in his office chair at his desk in his privet study or on one of the couches in the shared office. I just drag his half conscious body into our room and put him to bed, which let me tell you.. it's freaking hard. I'm no weakling but have you ever tried to drag a man who's well over six foot and built of pure muscle? From the study to our room isn't hard but if he's in the office I have to have one of the guards help me. I tried once but I couldn't get him past the second floor before he shoved me away telling me I was going to hurt myself. Stubborn bastard.

I've been trying to train as well but my efforts have gone to waste.. Dominic won't allow it. Which makes no sense to me, he isn't some sexiest pig that thinks women are weaker than men. He has many female warriors and even some female enforcers, so why the hell won't he let me train with everyone else? He refuses to give me an actual answer, saying stupid shit like 'You'll understand soon enough.' or 'Don't worry about it.' Like what the actual fuck? of course I'm going to worry about it!

I need to be able to help defend this pack, my friends, my family! Yes I'm already a great fighter and tracker but I know I still have many areas in need of improvement. My strength being one of them. Speed is on my side but I also need to be able to fend off attacks as well, I need to get stronger and with him making me sit out.. it's only going to hinder me. I've tried to train in private even but like I said.. I never get any alone time. I know Dominic has ordered his warriors, enforcers and guards to watch my every move, to restrain me from anything physical. I'm seriously at my wits end and to top it all off I've been feeling really off.