Chapter Twenty

Dominic's scent surrounded me as I rolled over on his massive bed. After our heated kiss earlier we retreated to his room. We sat and talked for a while, about nothing in particular. I think we both just needed to have a little bit of normalcy and to be near each other. Sadly after only an hour or so Dominic was called away to finish his meeting. I was sad to see him leave but I knew he had a duty to not only our pack but to the other's as well. This was bigger than just us. We couldn't hide out from the rest of the world, no matter how much I just wanted to lay in his arms forever. Looking out the window, noticing it was still bright and sunny out. Rolling back over I check the clock on his bedside table to see it was only three o'clock in the afternoon.

As I laid there a smile grew on my lips. It was time for Jack-Jack to come see me soon. I shimmied my way over to the edge of the bed before hopping down. The wood floor was chilly on my bare feet. Shivering slightly I quickly made my way out of the room. On the main floor of the pack house, I wondered around looking for Jack-Jack. A small group of kids rushed by me as they squealed and played tag.

"You kids take that outside! This isn't the playroom!" A grumpy looking teenage boy shouted before he huffed in annoyance and rolled his eyes. He was probably around fifteen or sixteen

"You're not the boss of us!" One of the boys said, he probably wasn't more than eight years old. The older boy growled towards them as he stepped out of the game room. I could hear laughs and cheers of encouragement from other teens in the room behind him. My eyebrows raised as I watched him, he hadn't noticed me standing only a few feet behind him.

"Shut up, you little pipsqueak. Get the hell out of here!" He yelled back at the small boy.

I bit back my growl as I moved silently over to him. He clearly wasn't the brightest crayon in the box, nor was he that good of a fighter. As I stood behind him I peaked around his shoulder and made funny faces at the kids. The sound of their giggles filled the air, which only seemed to annoy the boy in front of me even further.

"This isn't funny! Get out!" He yelled as the kids continued to laugh at the faces I was making.

The young wolf growled loudly, as he moved to step towards the kids I kicked my foot out. Satisfaction filled me as I grabbed his shoulder at the same time and shoved down on him. The loud thud of his body as it made contact with the wooden floor was so rewarding. The little kids laughed louder, some even snorted. Crouching down next to him I put more pressure on his shoulder to hold him down. His dark green eyes met mine, anger flooding them. I smiled down at him sweetly.

"Now now, just what exactly were you going to do? Hmm?"

"What the hell do you want lady?" He barked out. As a few of his friends gathered in the doorway.

"I'd watch the way you talk to others if I were you." I remarked in a light tone. The boy growled at me while trying to sit up. The tips of my fingers pushed deeper into his shoulder as I added more pressure. A small group of people gathered around at the sound of all the commotion.

"Now now, why don't you just stay there okay? We don't want you hurting yourself now do we."

"Get the fuck off me bitch!" He yelled. Smirking down at him I reached over with my free hand and flicked his nose, like you would a dog.

"No, bad boy." I said in a sing-song voice.

I really was having to much fun with this but what the hell. He needed to be taught a lesson. The boy thrashed around growling as he tried to free himself from my grip. Sadly I knew my game was about to end as my strength was giving out. I really needed to eat something. All the meals I missed were starting to catch up with me. I pushed off the floor with me feet, causing me to spring up from my crouched position next to him. As soon as I landed back on my feet the boy shot up from the floor as well and turned towards me. I stood in a relaxed position, not really worried. If he had any fighting experience I would have been on my ass long ago in my weakened state. He growled loudly as he took a step towards me.