Chapter Eighteen

*Dominic's POV*

A frustrated sigh leaves my lips as I rub my hands down my face. These past two weeks have been like a new level of hell. The rogue attacks to the surrounding packs have been increasing and are now almost a daily occurrence. After the attack on Blood Moon they seem to have changed tactics and are now targeting lone wolves or small groups while they are on patrol. Two other Alpha's have reached out asking for Red Dawn's help after their own packs became targets as well. We have tried tracking them down, trying to find where they are living but have yet to have any success. It seems they stay on the move, only bedding down for a night or two in one spot before moving onto a new location.

Today Red Dawn territory is crawling with wolves, Three days ago I agreed to host a meeting for all the Alpha's experiencing problems with the rouge group. I did not expect to have so many gather. Aside from John's pack and the two other packs, three others also came after hearing word about the meeting. A meeting I'm currently in and deeply regretting that I even agreed to do at this point.

"Oh for the love of peter pan! Would you all just shut up for a minute and then maybe, just maybe we could work some things out. Hmm? Sound good?"

Liza, yelled over the loud shouts of the other men in the room. All eyes turned to her as she stood there, hands on her hips and pursed lips. Liza is a acting representative of Alpha Newton of Raven's Cape. She kind of reminded me of Nikita, they both had the same ' don't fuck with me' attitude and aren't afraid to speak their minds.

"And what would you suggest Lisa?" Glen questioned, skepticism thick in his voice. Glen is one of the Alpha's who had reached out to me a few days after the attack at Blood Moon. From what I have learned about the man, I kind of like him. He's not to cocky or held back by a big ego but is confident enough in his own skin and ability that he will stand his ground on his beliefs.

"It's Liza, here let me sound it out for you. Lee-Za, not Lisa. Mmkay?" She snapped back at him.

Glen narrowed his eyes, a low growl rumbled through the air as he took a step forward. Liza noticing this, watched him with calculating eyes but never once showing any submission. I had to hand it to the she-wolf, she's in a room full of Alpha males but doesn't bat a single eyelash when challenged. I watched the two from my seat at the head of the small conference table, my eyes roaming from Liza only to check Glen. Every muscle in my body was coiled and ready to spring forward if either of them moved to attack. Since the meeting is taking place on my territory, everyone in this room is under my protection. I am acting head Alpha and it is my duty to protect the Alpha's from anything and everything at all costs, even if that meant from each other. Liza sighed loudly and she sat down in her chair once more. She pinched the bridge of her nose before speaking calmly.

"Honestly Alpha Glen, I have no idea where to start but I do know that us sitting here yelling at one another is getting us no where. We've been here for what? Three or four hours now and we are no closer to a solution than we were when we started." Glen studied her for a moment longer before he also sat back down, choosing to stand down as Liza was no longer a active threat.

"I have to agree with the Lady. We need to put our heads together on this and get to the bottom of it. These rouges are a problem to us all, they are a danger none of us can ignore any longer and they need to be dealt with in a timely and swift manner." Alpha Zane spoke from his seat at the table.

He was another one of the new Alpha's I met today after he learned of the meeting. I watched him from the corner of my eye, Zane had a very calm air about him. Level headed and straight to the point, something I liked and could appreciate in another Alpha. My eyes quickly scanned over the other alpha's as they nodded in agreement. My body relaxed slightly as the tension in the room faded. From his seat to the right on mine John cleared his throat, gathering the attention of everyone in the room before he spoke.