Chapter Thirty One

It had been hours now with no word from any of the other packs and my fingers began to ache painfully as I bit off another fingernail, ripping it down to the meaty flesh. It was a nervous tick of mine, I did it if I was anxious, stressed or worried and well right now I was all three. Looking down at my hand I noticed small traces of blood, I wiped it off on the baggy hoodie I wore. The only thing keeping me sane at this point was Dominic's sent filling my nose constantly thanks to his hoodie. I had gone up to our room to get it over an hour ago, needing something to help sooth me. Everyone was still out searching for Jackson, they found a strong trail but haven't laid eyes on him yet. Dom said they were getting closer and that he would be home soon. He has kept his mind wide open for me, passing along anything and everything they learn or find. They have confirmed that it was a male who took Jackson but they still do not know why or how he even got into a pack house full of Red Dawn pack members and warriors. How had no one seen a strange man just wonder in? How had he not been stopped? Something wasn't sitting right with me.

This is the strongest pack around, you don't get that way by slacking off. There is no way a totally random stranger walked in here, past everyone and made it all the way up to the Alpha's floor of the pack house. No way in hell someone can do that without being taken out. It couldn't have been a non pack member. They have to be part of Red Dawn. There were still a few guards posted here and there to ensure our safety but other than them, every single member of the Red Dawn pack was scouring every inch of our land. Sitting around doing nothing was killing me inside. Knowing that your child is out there, probably scared out of his mind. Possibly hurt, my heart ached in my chest at the thought of him being injured.. or worse.

A loud commotion on the front porch pulled me from my spiraling thoughts and fears. My keen hearing picked up on voices shouting at one another, bringing me to my feet and towards the door. Threatening growls came from the other side of the door, I jerked the door open quickly. As the door flew open a light breeze brought the distinct scent of my pup, of Jackson. He was here, right in front of our home. Standing next to him was the man that had saved me and helped me on the mountain. The guards had them surrounded, snarling at the man in their wolf forms. My brain was frozen with the sight before me, I couldn't think straight. The man was holding Jackson in his arms, starring the wolves down, not letting his guard down. One of the guards lunged forward, probably trying to get the man to drop Jackson. It didn't work as Jackson only clung to him more tightly. I picked up soft cries coming from him and I knew he had to be so scared.

A fierce growl rippled from my chest, pushing my Luna command onto them, causing the guards to instantly freeze and bow their heads. My feet moved on their own accord, propelling me forward. I launched myself off the porch, soaring over them and landing a foot in front of Jack as well as the man holding him in his arms. Upon seeing my face the man instantly relaxed and whispered into my sons ear but I heard every word.

"Hey little man, look it's your mommy." Jackson's head snapped around to look at me. His eyes were red rimmed and puffy, fresh tears falling from them and rolling down his cheeks.

"Momma!" He cried, throwing himself out of the mans arms and right into mine as I caught him.

"Jack! Oh baby.." My arms coiled around him, as I fell to my knees. I don't when they started but my sobs shook through me as I rocked back and forth, holding him to me tightly.

"Oh goddess, thank you." I whispered into the air around me.

Jackson's arms were clamped around my neck in a death grip as he sobbed. His little legs were wrapped around my torso like a vice grip, putting pressure on my freshly healed ribs but the pain was well worth knowing he was safe and in my arms. I would take a pain a thousand times worse than this gladly. We sat like that, just holding each other and crying as I rocked him, thanking the moon goddess over and over. My mind slowly cleared of the fog, my tears drying as I pried Jackson's arms and legs off of me. I held him at arms length, searching over every visible inch of his skin for any damage.