Chapter Thirteen

*!*! WARNING: Sexual content in this chapter !*!*

*Nikita's POV*

I woke to the sound of loud banging on my door, flinging the covers off me I jumped from the bed and raced towards it. Bright light blinded me momentarily before my eyes quickly adjusted. Standing before me was the brunette from earlier, if memory serves me. She is Jenna, Beta Female and mate of Red Dawn's Bate, Brent. Who apparently as it turns out is also Dominic's younger brother, that fact shocked the hell out of me when Dom told me last night..er well a few hours ago.

"What is it? Has something happened?" I asked the woman before me. Her face was a mix of worry and concern as she looked at me.

"There has been an attack, Luna." My eyebrows drew together, from her manner it was not Red Dawn who was under attack. Before I could speak she answered my questions for me.

"It is Blood Moon, Luna.. Their Alpha sent out a distress call half an hour ago." My eyes grew wide before a snarl ripped from my lips. Shoving past the woman and the two men I had yet to notice, I raced down the stairs. I could feel the three of them hot on my trail as I descended each staircase. Once on the main floor of the pack house I noticed how calm and quite it was.. it was eerie as I knew my home pack must be screaming in fear and full of tears. I felt two hands wrap around my upper arms as I yanked the front door open, halting me.

"You have two seconds to release your hold on me before I make you." My voice was deadly calm as my wolf was at the surface. Giving me all her strength to remain calm and collected. A voice I did not recognize spoke from behind me.

"We are sorry, Luna but the Alpha has ordered us to keep you here." I could hear the determination in his voice as he spoke of his alpha's commands, normally I would be proud of this but right now it only served to further piss me off.

"Then I am truly sorry for what's about to happen."

"Wha--"

His words were cut off as I swiftly spun around on the heel of my left foot, bringing my right leg up in the process. The wind was knocked out of him as my knee crashed into his rib cage. The other man holding me looked towards his comrade as he landed on the floor in a breathless heap. That was his first and last mistake, taking his eyes off his opponent. Shoving my left hand up, my palm crashed into his throat. The momentum from my blow causing him to fly back onto the floor next to the first man. Not wasting any time I spun around again and raced out the front door, jumping from the top step of the porch and shifting into my rusty red wolf as I flew through the air. My shredded clothing falling to the ground as I landed on four feet. I put as much power into my back flanks as I propelled myself forward.

Barreling through the trees that surround me I could hear faint sounds ahead as I grew closer to the Blood Moon pack lands. Shouts of anger, roars of rage and cries of pain hit my ears at the same time the scent of blood filled my nostrils. The smell so thick in the air I almost gagged but I pushed through the reflex. I didn't have time to waste, my pack needed help and that's all I could think about. I continued to push forward until I burst through the treeline and into a big open clearing. My body coming to a dead stop as my eyes took in the sight before me.

Bodies lay everywhere, some still in wolf form while others lay still in their nakedness. Blood was already seeping into the ground, the thick stench of death swirled around in the soft breeze. The scene before me only caused my worry to grow, reminding me so much of that dreaded night five years ago. My eyes quickly scanned the faces as I walked around slowly. A breath I hadn't realised I was holding escaped me as I did not recognise anyone familiar to me.

'Does this mean everyone is safe?' I asked Quinn, my wolf.

'I'm not sure Nik.. I can still smell a familiar scent in the air but all this blood is making it hard to pinpoint who's it is.' I whimpered at the thought of someone I love being injured or dead.