Chapter Twenty Four

"Is that a problem?" Dominic asked as his dark eyes bore into mine.

"Of course not, why would I have a problem with you coming?" I asked, cocking my head to the side in confusion.

"You just seem surprised that I was coming." I raised an eyebrow as I looked up at him.

"Well yeah I was surprised that you didn't try to talk me out of going. The fact that you're coming with me actually makes me happy." I said with a small smile.

"Oh." He was silent for a moment, just looking into my eyes. "Good. We better get going if were going to make it to the mountain pass in less than an hour."

"Well, lead the way Alpha." I stepped to the side and swung my arm before me. Dominic looked at me for a moment longer before striding past me. As he went his large rough hand reached out and took mine in his. He lead me over the the tree line, his wide stride had me struggling to keep up with his pace. My foot caught on a tree root jetting out of the forest floor, sending me forward towards the ground. Dominic's arms wrapped around my waist, stopping me as my face was inches from the ground.

"Didn't you already fall for me? No need to do it again Nika." His voice was filled with humor. I giggle snorted as my face flushed as he pulled me up with him, holding me against his side.

"Shut up" I laughed and lightly slapped his arm. His chuckle vibrated against my arm while he lead me deeper into the forest. We walked about another thirty yards, stopping next to a giant tree trunk, Dom turned to me. Reaching out, his warm hand tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear before his thumb rubbed over my cheek bone.

"We should shift." He said as his eyes roamed over my face, stopping briefly at my lips.

"Kay." I stepped away from him, leaning against the trunk I set to work on taking off my combat boots and socks. As I was taking off my clothes I could feel Dominic's eyes on me the entire time and let me just say.. it was like it's own kind of torture. To feel his heated stare as I stripped naked had my every nerve in a frenzy. I stole a glance at him out of the corner of my eye as he too was undressing. He stood shirtless, his muscles flexing as he bent to untie the laces of his own boots. As he stood, he kicked his boots off while unbuttoning his jeans. My tongue unconsciously slipped through my lips, wetting them before I bit down on my lower lip. I could stare at him for hours, just marveling at his body. A body that looked like it was sculpted by gods and dipped in honey.

"Done staring yet love?" His voice came out husky and deep, sending a shiver down my spine. I cleared my throat.

"Don't act like you weren't either." I teased.

"Of course I was. Even if your weren't my mate, I would find your body beautiful." He stated matter of factly. My face heated as a blush spread over my cheeks. The foliage crunched lightly under his feet as he stepped closer to me. My heart rate picked up as he stood behind me, his hands brought tingles and shock waves racing through me as they rested on my hips. Dominic's fingertips danced over my skin as he trailed them over my stomach in a agonizingly slow pace. The fingers of his right hand splayed over my abdomen, covering my exposed skin like a blanket. His left hand drew up my torso, between the valley of my breasts before his fingers curled around my throat. His grip was soft but firm as he pulled me flush against his front. My mouth was suddenly dry as I felt his bulge pressing into the small of my back.

"Only your body can do this to me." Dominic's low voice whispered into my ear as he leaned down. His nose brushing over my mark, sending another shiver through me.

"Only your scent can drive me wild and calm me at the same time." He nibbled on my ear lobe, drawing a small moan from my lips.

"Only your voice can send my heart into overdrive." My eyes closed as he kissed down my neck and nipped at my mark softly. His left hand left my throat, sliding down my arm, over my side. Dominic's arm wrapped around my torso as he pulled me impossibly closer to him.