Chapter Twelve

*Nikita's POV*

      Conan stood at the end of my bed staring down at me with his arms crossed over his chest. Not a word has been said between the two of us after he barged into my room. I refuse to acknowledge his presence just praying he will give up and leave me alone but I don't think that is going to happen. From the corner of my eye I can see a determined look on his face. Sighing I lay back onto the bed and continue to ignore the towering man only feet away from me.

"We need to talk." His deep baritone in the silent room almost startled me. I hadn't expected him to speak first but I didn't know what to say to him, instead I rolled onto my side to face the wall. I could hear his footsteps as he walked around to the side of my bed.

"Will you continue to ignore me?" Still I said nothing, it may seem childish but I simply didn't know what to say to him.

"Nikita, answer me." His tone was clipped.

When I still said nothing he growled. I could tell he was being to lose his patience with me but I couldn't care any less. My emotions were all over the place, I was angry but most of all I was hurting and he was the one causing me pain. A large rough hand curled around my ankle before, a startled yelp escaped me as I was suddenly yanked across the bed. My wide eyes were met with deep pools of brown as Conan hovered over me. His legs were pinning mine together between his as his hands held my wrists down on the bed.

"Stop ignoring me dammit." He growled out through his teeth. Black swirled within his eyes alerting me to the presence of his wolf. My own wolf growled in response of her mate, she wasn't to happy with him as I wasn't with Conan.

"Get. Your. Hands. Off. Me." I spoke through clenched teeth, my anger growing with each passing second. I could not stand the feeling of being trapped, held against my will. I tried to free my legs from between his. As I felt his grip loosen my hope grew but it was quickly smashed. Instead of releasing me he crawled over me, his legs on either side of my thighs as he straddled me. The weight of his body on my abdomen began to cause panic to rise within me. I snarled out as my wolf came forward, thrashing around under him as I desperately tried to free myself from him.

"Calm down Nikita." Conan's voice was rough, deeper than normal and I knew that it was not just him talking, it was his wolf as well.

"Let me go!" I continued to thrash around in his hold.

"Not until you have calmed down." In the back of my mind I realised he was not angry with me. His voice was deep with his wolf but there was a calm in his voice, he was trying to sooth me but in my angry haze it didn't register with me. I snarled again as I bucked my hips, momentarily causing him to lose his balance but his reactions were to quick as he instantly righted himself. He leaned forward until his head was next to mine, holding most of his weight on his elbows. As I moved my shoulder I could feel the tingles and shocks as his skin rubbed against mine.

"Stop this Nikita." Conan's voice was soft as whispered into my ear. 

The sound of his voice caused me to still my movements. Something about the way he spoke to me had a calming effect on me as he allowed more of his weight to press against me. Instead of the normal panic that always set in, my body went slack as all my muscles relaxed underneath him. Conan released his strong grip from my wrists but my hands remained in the same position. His right hand tangled into my hair as I felt his left skim down my body before stopping at my hip. The heat radiating off him was comforting and I felt my eyes close on their own accord as I tilted my head to the side slightly. The side of my cheek came to rest against Conan's. A low rumble vibrated both our chests as he growled approvingly. I whimpered softly as the last bit of fight left my body, leaving me in a cocoon of Conan's warmth and protection.