Chapter Twenty Nine

It's been a few days since I "woke up" and today is the day that I will finally regain some of my freedom. I'm getting out of the hospital and put on a modified bed rest for the next couple of days. I'm not "allowed" to stand for more than ten minutes, keep as much weight off my leg as possible, no lifting anything over fifty pounds and absolutely no fighting or physical exertion. Doctor Rob gave me a hell of a lecture on that one. I don't know why, does he think I just go around telling people to fight me? In all actually reality, I shouldn't even have to be on bed rest but Doctor Rob is being extra paranoid and cautious. The only reason I reluctantly agreed to stay on bed rest was for Quinn. She is absolutely wore out and needs some much needed rest. I'm completely healed inside and out, other than a few red and pink marks from bites and surgery that are in the process of healing. Thankfully with my healing ability they shouldn't actually leave behind any scars.

"Luna?" A small feminine voice called from the door way.

I had been spacing out while sitting on the edge of my bed waiting for Dominic and Doctor Rob to finish talking. Rob was filling Dom in on the progress of the pack warriors who had also been injured in the fight. Most had already been released and sent home almost immediately but a few of them had taken a bit of damage. One of the female warriors, Katie I believe her name was, was also thrown off the side of the mountain. Thankful for her sake there was a ledge about half way down. So the fall did not kill her but she was pretty banged up with multiple broke bones. From the bits and pieces I had collected from their conversation before leaving my room, her ribs had punctured her lungs and her skull was also fractured. Which would explain why she was still in the hospital after all this time. Even with our advanced healing, we can only heal so fast and with major injuries like that it takes time. From the sounds of it shes even lucky to be alive right now.

"Yes?" I asked as I turned my head towards her. She was on the slim side for a werewolf but even still her body was toned with muscle. Her dark brown hair framed her face before being pulled back into a lose bun at the back of her head. She smiled softly at me, causing small wrinkles to form around the outer edges of her green eyes. Everything about her seemed friendly and inviting.

"I brought a wheel chair for you, would you like help or do you feel strong enough to do it yourself?" She said as she wheeled the chair into the room and rolled it up next to the bed. I never even got a chance to respond to her question, as I opened my mouth to tell her no Dominic walked into the room.

"That wont be necessary Eve. I've got it from here." At the sound of his voice my heart jumped excitedly. Even if he had only been gone for a short while I had already began to miss him.

"Yes, Alpha." The nurse, named Eve, smiled and bowed her head slightly before wheeling the chair back out of the room.

"Thank you anyways!" I called out after her before I let lose a small squeal as Dom swept me up into his arms bridal style and headed for the door in one swift, smooth motion.

"Hey! Warn a girl first will ya." I said, faking annoyance but at the same time I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. Dominic deadpanned me, he knew I secretly liked it when he carried me.

"Never."

"And why not?" I quizzed.

"Because." I narrowed my eyes at his answer.

"Because is not an answer mister." He grunted and shrugged his shoulders. Oh Dom, Dom, Dom yee of little words.

"It's fun. Making you squeal is one of my dirty pleasures." As he spoke his tone became dark, seductive and sexy. My body involuntarily shivered, telling him just how easily it was for him to turn me on. A slow sexy smirk spread on his lips as he looked down at me.