Chapter Thirty

The trackers had come into our room almost immediately after Dom finished giving out his orders via pack link. I think I might have even scared a few of them. They walked through the door as I was in the middle of a full blown rage fit. I honestly don't know how I didn't end up shifting with everything I was feeling. My body shook from both anger and fear, my nails and teeth kept switching to claws and fangs as I paced back and forth from the bed to the bathroom door. They didn't speak a word to me as I growled and snarled in between describing how I was going to kill whoever took my pup. I even caught a few of the men flinching, I had been talking about crushing their balls with my bare hands if the person happened to have the male genitalia. Dom stood close by, following my every move with watchful eyes, never once trying to stop my ranting and raving. Instead he listened to me and waited patiently while the trackers sniffed around for the scent trails, knowing that it was something I needed to do. They left after only a few minutes in the room, they had picked up on the trail but it led straight out the window. Whoever had taken my son jumped out of a four story window, taking my son with them.

My tirade of all the painful things I was planning finally came to an end not long after when my legs started to give out from underneath me while I paced. I was well over my ten minute time limit for standing and silently cursed myself for being in this condition. I threw my arms out in front of me as I fell forward but my hands never made contact with the floor. Dominic had me in his arms and cradled to my chest before I could even blink.

"I've got you." He said, his voice soft and warm against my forehead before he pressed a firm kiss to the skin. His actions turned my rage from a boil to a deathly simmer. My body stopped shaking and I was finally able to release some of the tension in my body.

"Dom.. what if we can't find him?"

My voice was barely above a whisper as my fear of losing my pup reared its ugly head once again. I couldn't go through that.. not again.. not so soon after.. I felt the tears pool in my eyes once more and I had to fight desperately to keep them in. I couldn't fall apart. Now was not the time, I needed to keep my head straight, focus on finding Jack. Dominic pressed his lips to the crown of my head as he walked out of our room.

"We are going to find him, even if I have to tear through every pack in the world. I will find our son Nikita, I will bring him back to you, no matter what it takes." I knew he meant every word he spoke, it was like a silent vow he made to me, he would do anything to bring Jackson back. That thought alone brought me so much comfort but it did little to settle the giant pit of fear and despair I felt in my stomach. The pack house was in a frenzy as Dominic carried me down into the main living room, this seemed to be the gathering spot for those who could not participate in the search. The room was filled with elders who could no longer shift, pups ages ranging from teeny tiny babies up to ten or eleven as the older ones where also helping with the search and the pregnant she-wolves. My anger flared up once again as I realized what was about to happen. Dom set me down in one of the oversized arm chairs before he knelt down in front of me, taking my left hand and holding it in between both of his.

"You are staying here with them, I'm going to go join the search through the woods. We have already checked everywhere in the house. I will let you know right away if we find anything." His voice was still soft but his tone was strict, he was telling me what was going to happen and letting me know that there was absolutely no way I was going to be able to convince him to let me search too. I nodded reluctantly as I agreed to his demands but quickly thought of a way I could be of some help.

"Okay, I am going to be making calls to the other packs that surround our borders. Have them keep an eye out in case they have already left our lands." I was glad my voice didn't betray me and waver. It came out strong and determined. He gave my hand a squeeze and a nodded.