Beginnings

/THIS STORY TAKES PLACE BEFORE THE GAME STARTS AND CONTINUES WITH THE GAME/

You alway had a feeling how this all will be. You felt like you can understood really good everything that androids so and why they do that. Yeah, sure, programming and all. But somewhere deep inside you felt like they are more than that. And some voice deep inside your head said that you should come to detroit. So you were here, got into the DCPD, or if you want to say, Detroit City Police Department. You weren't the big guy, you didn't got your nomination to become a detective, but you promised yourself that this year everything will be alright. This will be the year when you finally can be the one person you really want to e. You worked hard, and it's not like you were out of time. You 28 years old, and a woman so it's not a big deal that you are not a detective yet. But this doesn't mean anything. This year you had high hopes. You heard rumors in the office that Lieutenant Anderson will have a partner, because there are just so many android cases that they start to get out of hand. And you did everything that needed to be done so you would get the job. You wasn't proud, but you gave coffee to the right persons, and flirted a bit with the right persons.

Yeah, in your next life you won't do it, bur tight now, you really wanted to get the badge and be the partner of Lieutenant Anderson. It would mean a staight way to the top if you could do it.

But it seemed like you still have to wait for it. Your work just ended five minutes ago, so you decided to go and live a bit for your old hobby, and go to the archieves and read old dead cases back from the 2000's years. you loved to read those files and therre were so many.

Then you heard a gentle knock on the door, you left open. You looked up from a folder, you already read for about a tousand times. You already knew all the words from it anyway. You saw Detective Reed standing there. Not like the others you didn't hated Reed. He was just domeone a bit hard to understand and rough on the outside. But in reality you knew something that no other co-worker knew about him. In reality on the inside he was just an everyday asshole. He didn't meant to be, it's just like he was programmed that no matter how much he loved someone, he will still do everything in his power to make that person feel like shit.

But you were someone who could handle his personality, and maybe even be friends with him.

"What's up you little geek? Reading those fuckin' novels again?" he asked as he sat down next to you with two coffee.

"You have a problem with that, bad-boy-wannabe?" you smirked as you reached out for one of the coffees.

"That's mine" he said as he saw what you were doing. "And anyway you want to hurt my feelings?" he smirked and took a sip from the other coffee.

"Hey! I thought that's mine!" you said playing the offended one.

"No. Both are mine. I will stay up late because a call just came in that one of those plastic pricks just robbed a fast food truck. I'm heading there."

"How is this your work?" you asked knowing exactly how much he hated these android cases.

"I asked for it. And I need a good partner on my side so I can get that plastic prick. Are you in?" he asked you smiling. Your heart almost jumped out of excitement, but you played it cool. For a couple seconds you didn't even make a soud then pointed at the coffe with serious face.

"If you give me that I'll consider it."

Gavin smiled and nodded. "I guess I need to know when I lose. Here, take it and i'm waiting at the car. Put everything back at it's place."

You nodded happily and stood up. You were so excited that it took way more time to put everything away than it usually does. Firstly you didn't find the second page when it was really jus on your other hand then you didn't found the date, where you sould but the folder back, and just when you found it you tripped and everything fell to the floor. You quickly gathered everything, then not caring to organize the folder you just put it back and yo were already running towards the parking lot. When you got closer you heard the car's horn screaming continously.