At home

There was something that influenced your life. You could call that fate, karma, or Connor. Yes, Connor, if it wasn't for him, you probably wouldn't ended up letting him get into your house.
You were as confused as it sounded. Why on earth would you do this to a stranger? Especially if it's an android. But you did it anyway and it seemed really weird. He was just standing in your living room awkwardly. His clothes were soaking wet, thanks to the short walk and the waiting in the rain, and you could see through his shirt. Not like you didn't liked what you saw, but he was an android.
As you were thinking about what you should do, he looked around, probably analysing your flat. Not like there's much to analyse. You live here alone. You don't even own a pet, and if anyone gives you plants, it will end up dead sooner or later. Except one that seemed to like the rough life it could live with you. You put it into the window, and almost completely forgot about it. Like, you didn't watered it for like a half of a year now, and it's still alive. And now, to think of it, you got a glass of water, and went to the living room.
"Oh, it's very kind of you, but androids don't need any source of water, but thank you for your conside-" Connor said , but you poured it to the plant and he stopped. "Oh... That's for the plant. I see."
"I didn't asked, but I figured you don't need anything from the kitchen. But I can give you a towel and some spare chlotes, though they might be a little bit small for you." you said as you motioned him to follow you upstairs. You went to the bathroom first and searched for a towel. You gave it to the patiently waiting android, and went to get some chlotes. Eventually you found a big hoodie, and an old jeans that might fit Connor. Since he was nowhere to be seen you went back to the bathroom, just to see Connor standing in the middle of the room with only the towel around his waist.
"Jesus! You are not alone! Don't strip in front of strangers!" you said as you hid your face behind your hands so you don't see anything inappropriate.
You let everything fell to the ground.
"I see. Sorry for the inconvenience." Connor said. You heard him come closer get the clothes from the floor then shut the door in front of you.
You put your hands down just to see your dark wooden door only one inch away from your face. You went back to your room and searched for some chlotes for yourself. You decided by a pair of jeans and a red shirt that said "There's a wolf under every red hood" and had a picture about the hood from the back. You kinda loved tales and your old hobby got back again when you found a series, called Once upon a time.
You grabbed these and a pair of a fluffy warm socks and went back to the bathroom. You sat down in front of it and waited for Connor to come out.
Some time later he finally did and you saw that the chlotes you gave were just slightly small for him.
"I'm gonna take a shower. Wait for me at downstairs." you said going into the bathroom.
"May I cook some dinner for you to thank you for all of this?" Connor asked trying to pull his sweater lower.
"If you want. But it's not necessary." You said and then locked the door at yourself. You put the clothes in the sink, and looked in the mirror. Your hair started to dry, but it wasn't dry completely, and there were dark circles under your (Y/Eye Color) eyes.
You started to strip out of your clothes and opened the water. The hot water hitting your skin felt really good and you really needed some peace. But, at some point you got out of the shower, And got two towel for yourself. One for you and one for your hair. You dried your body and got in your chlotes, then looked in the mirror again. You felt better. It almost seemed like the circles under your eyes are gone.
You went downstairs still drying your hair with the other towel.
"So you did cook something." You said to Connor, as you smelled the delicious smell of (Y/Favorite Food).
"I figured you might like it because everything that was needed was in either the fridge or the freezer." He said not turning around.
You went closer and looked at his hands. He did everything slowly, like he doesn't know what he's doing and reads the instructions during the time.
"Can I help you?" you asked and he looked at you with a weird expression. At first it probably was offended, but then it turned into surprised.
"No, but you should dry your hair. There's a high probability for you to catch a cold if you leave it like that."
You shook your head. "You shouldn't worry about me Connor. I'll be fine." You said and went to the living room. You sat down to watch the remaining news, because it had already started 15 minutes ago.
"-ere captured, but we still wait for the police to confirm that it was a loner terrorist or are we standing against a group. And now, about the weather: the citizens of Detroit can put away all their summer chlothings, because it seems that the fall came earlier to this city. There will be rain amongst the country, mostly in the southern regions. The temperature will be around 54-59 °F. Thank you for your attention. Good evening!" And it ended. You were curious about the terrorist you heard about, but let it slip, because if it were your business you would have already heard about it.
You switched the channels until you found some kind if comedy show. You loved these things when you weren't working, but honestly who doesn't? Everyone likes to laugh.
"Dinner is ready." Connor said as he placed a plate of (Y/FF) to your dining table.
You turned off the TV and sat down to your meal.
"Thank you Connor." you said, and he nodded then awkwardly stood next to the table.
"Would you like to take a seat?" you offered. "We can talk while I'm eating."
He looked at you then sat down.
"Thank you. I have a few questions if you don't mind." he said trying to find the right words.
"Go ahead. I'm not hiding anything." You said taking a first bite from your food.
"You seem like someone who wants to be a detective. Did your superior declined to nominate you or why are you not a detective yet?" he asked
"Good question. I think it's probably because I have some relatives in higher places, and my superior might be afraid what would happen if I get injured."
"I see. And what about today? You were investigating even though you don't have the authorization to do such a thing."
"Gavin helps me get to the field time to time. I really just want to help people or androids who get in any kind of trouble. He hates every android cases but asks one for me and let me solve it. If you wouldn't have come he'd probably let me do what I wanted."
"Sorry. And what did you intended to do exactly?" he asked.
"Well, the tire was flat. It couldn't just explode at the right moment for the robbery. I have a theory that it was shot through then ripped apart to make the reconstruction harder."
"It seems like a logical theory. I'm gonna send in a request to investigate." he said then blinked a few times. "Done." he said then looked at me again.
"Were you just sending in a message to the office by blinking?" you looked at him confused.
"Yes. One of my biocomponent gives me the ability to write and send in reports, requests, and any second-class matter, as you said, just by blinking."
"Ahhh... That means exactly zero paperwork for you! You are so lucky. I wish I could do such a thing."
At this moment Connor looked away for a moment, that looked like he was zooming out, and then looked at you again.
"They will check your theory in the morning. You should get some sleep before tomorrow."
"What about you?" you looked at him.
"Androids don't need sleep." he said.
"I know that but what will you do while I'm sleeping?"
"Is there any task around the house that's needed to be take care of?" He asked and looked at you.
"I won't make you work. Watch TV, or rest a bit. I'll be up..." you looked at your watch. "In a couple of hours." you sighed and went upstairs. You changed into your pajama and went straight to the bed. You fell asleep almost immediately.

(A couple hours later)

*BEEP*
*BEEP*
*BEEP*
The sound of your alarm clock felt like someone hit your head with a crowbar to wake you up. In exchange you hit the clock to shut it up. You looked at it. 4:45. If you don't want to be late you have to get out of the bed at least 5:00.
You laid back to your pillows and shut your eyes again. You still had 15 minutes to rest a bit before getting up. The worst scenario is that you won't make your makeup.
*Song starts to play in the distance*
You left your phone downstairs... That's your second alarm to get up. If you want it to shut up, you need to go down.
You growled and got out of the bed. You felt it's power that was pulling you back, but you needed to get up. You went downstairs and searched for your phone.
"Here it is."
You almost jumped out of your shin when you heard Connor's voice from behind. You completely forgot that he was in your apartment.
You quickly took the phone and turned the alarm off. Then put your hand on your chest to calm yourself.
"Sorry if I scared you, I wasn't intended to do that. I took the bravery to make breakfast for you. Bacon and eggs. Also I need to notify you that you are running low on eggs and orange juice. You should do shopping this afternoon before you get home." Connor motioned to the table, where you saw your breakfast. It looked amazing, and had a smiley face on it.
"You did this?" you smiled at Connor.
"Yes. To thank you for the shelter."
"If you do this every morning you can stay as long as you want. Just don't scare me like that again." You said smiling and ate the first bite of your breakfast.
"While you were sleeping, you had a call from Detective Reed. I suggest you should call him back."
"I wonder what does he want. But I won't call him. I will meet him at the station anyway." you answered Connor, and quickly finished your breakfast.
"It will be cold in the afternoon, so you should dress up in something warm today."
"Thanks Con-Con." out said and went upstairs.
"It's Connor." he said, but doesn't directly to you. It felt more like he tells it to himself.
You went to your room and dressed up in a clean jeans, plus the red T-shirt from yesterday. It was clean enough for the day.
You got a grey hoodie that said Detroit Police, and your leather jacket, and you were ready to go. You went down where Connor was waiting for you.
"Are you ready to go?" you asked Connor but it seemed like you came in an inappropriate time again. He was changing into his uniform, and he only had the pants on. "From now on I will always find you dressing in my house whenever I leave you alone?" You asked him in a calm voice while you hid your face into your hands again.
"I thought it will take you more time to get ready so I wasn't hurrying. Sorry." he said. After a few moments he told you that he is ready and both of you went outside.
"Are you up to a walk?" You asked Connor and pointed into the direction of the Department.
"Sure. It won't rain until 9:30am so we have plenty of time.
"Don't worry, if we are walking we'll get to the station before 7:00."
He just nodded and followed you around as you went to the office.
Connor and you pleasantly talked during the way to the office, and when you arrived you two said goodbye to each other and went to do your own business.
Just as you sat down to the table you felt a hand on your head. "Gavin..."
You said without turning around.
"I sure am. I called you last night, but you didn't called me back."
"I was already asleep." you said as you turned in your chair to face him. "What did you want?"
"Well, I just wanted to say, your tip with the tire was a good call. It wasn't exploded. To a bit more pressure the CSI guy took the effort and looked at the tire. They took it off the truck then put the pieces together. The tire was shot, then ripped so it would make the shooting mark disappear."
"So I was right."
"Yes."
"And you practically chased me away from the crime scene."
"Yeah, sure, whatever. Anyway I told Fowler, that this was your idea." he said and motioned to the glass office. "He told me to let you know that when Hank is here, you, that tincan from yesterday and Hank should go to his office."
I nodded and looked over to Hank's table. It was still abadoned. Only Connor was there, waiting.
"Are you finished checking out that plastic prick?" Gavin asked you and you looked back at him.
"Are you finished being so jealous of it?" you asked back.
"You are not even denying it." He said and turned around.
"I'll see you around, I guess?" you said, and he waved goodbye to you.

*Author note*
It's me again. Please tell me if you like it, and tell me if you not. It's hard to find my humor sence, because I usually don't say anything funny. But I'm trying.
Anyway, I'm not used to this long chapters, but maybe I can keep them up.
Bye-bye, sweet fries!