Bedtime

~It's just fluff, okay? Just some fluff for today.~

Connor's POV (for a while at least.)

I was lying in the bed during the whole night. I closed my eyes so I can run some system diagnosis and regular check. It seemed like everything is alright. And yet... I didn't understand what was happening. These irrational things. One would even call them feelings. Maybe I do too. But I don't think that I am a deviant. I mean Amanda sure thinks that I am, but I just chose priority. A human's life for an investigation. It's natural, that an android chooses the human life. The deviants do elsehow. So I can't be one.
I looked at (Y/N). She was still sleeping, snuggling to me. She looked so peaceful. I raised my system temrepature a bit, because I sensed that the room's temperature lowered a bit.
She smiled and mumbled something incomprehensible while sleeping.
She was important to me, but I still was new to these feelings. They overwhelmed me and yesterday's memories were coming back to my mind time to time. That how beautiful she was. What I felt, and how we merged into something... Something I've never experienced.
I sensed that her pulse slowly started to rise, which meant that she will wake up soon. I panicked. What's the human protocol after something like this? I didn't have time to check it before she woke up.
"Good morning Connor..." she said still half asleep. She pulled herself up and gave me a little peck on my face.
"G-Good morning, (Y/N)!" I answered still struggling with finding the words and the voice of mine.
"Do you have a fever?" she asked and I indeed realised that my body overheated itself a bit.
"No. Androids don't get sick. I just realised that the room chilled a bit, and I didn't want you to catch a cold or something." I said. It was really one if my worst experiences not being able to talk normally or say out the things I was thinking about.
(Y/N) must have sensed it, because she sat up then looked down on me.
"Calm down. You don't need to feel awkward."
This calmed me a bit, but it wasn't effective for long.

Your POV

You looked down at him. His LED was yellow since you woke up. You saw him struggling with the situation. You couldn't blame him though. He never experienced anything like this, and well... You've experienced much more and worse. Gavin popped into your mind, and felt guilty that you didn't tell about him to Connor yet. But if it was only a onenight-stand then it's not important.
You looked at his face. He was even more beautiful than he usually is.
His hair was messy, and his brown eyes were wandering around the room.
You gave him a little kiss then got out from the bed.
You stretched your back before you would take the sheet with you to the bathroom.
Connor stayed in the bed, and you felt his gaze following you around the room as you searched for something to wear. Then you went to the bathroom and opened the water for the bathtub. It was pretty big, and you had a wild image. You shouted for Connor.
"Con-Con? Do you want to take a bath with me?"
Connor came out from the bedroom holding the blanket in front of him.
"You know I don't like that nickname." he said, but with this every awkward feeling went away. But he shook his head. "Anyway, no. I'm gonna clean myself up after you are done. Until then I'm gonna do breakfast for you."
You were a bit disappointed, but as he kissed your forehead it all went away. 'Maybe it's as bit fast for him.' you thought.
You went in the bathroom, as you heard him going downstairs. You sat in the bathtub. This was the very moment when Connor shouted from downstairs.
"(Y/N)! We were called in to the office among with Hank. Please hurry, so when he arrives we both can be ready."
It seemed like this morning just won't let you rest.
You hurried a bit, and finished even before the water could calm down. You almost felt your heart breaking as you got out from the water, and unplugged the bath. You at he'd the water go down in the hole, but soon you felt cold.
You wrapped yourself in a towel then shouted for Connor.
You came out from the bathroom and let him go in.
"Your breakfast is ready downstairs. Go down and eat." he smiled at you.
You went in your room, dried yourself, then put some clothes on. You opened the curtains, and made the bed. The pillows were still slightly smelling like Connor. You smiled at the thought. You wanted to live this dream forever. Only this was the time when you realised how deeply you fell for him. That you couldn't live without him anymore. The memories of you meeting Connor for the first time, and the memories from the day you became a detective came back to your mind. As you were walking downstairs you were thinking about Hank. You wanted to tell him first, that from now on you and Connor are together. Even though he didn't confirmed that he thinks the same way, it felt right to say that you are now a couple.
You sat down next to your bacon and eggs. On the eggs there was a big heart out of ketchup. You smiled at this again. It felt like you were smiling through the whole day.
You almost finished the breakfast when Connor also came downstairs. He was setting his tie right.
You heard the loud sound of a horn from in front of the house. Your neighbors must love you for this.
"Are you ready?" you asked.
"Sure. The lieutenant has arrived to take us to the station."
You put on your shoes as Connor hopped into his. It really was amazing. It took so much less time for him to get into his shoes than you.
You held his hand after you locked the door if your apartment and went down. The second toot of the horn was when you almost got down.
You walked up to the car, and saw Hank smiling inside.
"Good morning dearies! The car is ready." he said.
"I see that, but would you please not wake the whole neighborhood up?" you asked as you sat in the passenger seat. Connor closed the door behind you then sat in to the back.
"My humblest apologies, I promise I won't press the horn again." he said sracastically.
You didn't believe it.
"So? Shall we go?" he asked and then started the car. As he speeded down the street he did press the hook again a few times. Just to be sure that everyone woke up, and hating you for doing this on Sunday morning.
Otherwise the ride was quite pleasant. Connor chatted with Hank, and around halfway we talked about ourselves.
"Sooo? What's up with you two? Did you guys talk?" Hank looked at you for a brief second.
"Yeah... We did." you said and looked at Connor.
"I guess it went well. Otherwise I would need to go and pick Connor up from somewhere else." Hank smiled.
"Probably. But it seems like we have mutual feelings." you nodded.
"And I participated in that thing which you were explaining me the other day. The human intercour-"
"Alright son, there are things you need to keep for yourself if you want this relationship to work. And also I don't care who you fucked." Hank said pulling over at the station. We went in, Connor and I holding hands. We didn't really talked to anyone, we just went straight to Fowler's office.
"Finally, there you are! I got the information that the investigation is not going well. I'm gonna put and end to this." Fowler said.
"Hank, you are working alone. You are better at that anyways. The android goes back to Cyberlife, and you, (Y/N) are off the case. You will have a new partner. His name is Gavin Reed." Fowler wasn't asking us to do anything. These were orders. They seemed more serious than when he gave the three of you those android cases.
And yet you felt like you she to step up for yourself.
"Sorry Sir, but I won't do that. I already started this case and I will finish it." you said.
"I don't think you understand your situation Miss (Y/FN). This was an order." Fowler said louder.
"Jeffrey, I won't let you ship this fuckin' machine or send this novice away. I'm tiring out of this job, I need them for my investigation." Hank tried to convince him, and before Fowler could answer to this comment, Connor also stepped forward.
"Sir. With my deepest respect, I must inform you that you are not authorized to give me orders, and I didn't get any new orders from Cyberlife." Connor said. "Also, as you may know, you signed a contract that for the time I'm being here you will not change my team in order to be more effective at the investigation."
"Listen to me you piece of plastic. You are something that's here just because an old friend of mine asked me to have you. I can threw you out in any moment. So I suggest you that you should back down, before I send you back for deactivation. And as for the two of you if you are not gonna follow my orders then hand in your badges and leave the station right now!" now Fowler was talking just like the other time. And it wasn't that scary anymore.
You clipped your badge down from your belt and then threw it to the desk. You also took your gun from your holder and put it down.
"If not everyone respected the same way for they hard work, then I don't have nothing to do here." you said and turned around. But before you could leave the office, Fowler told you something.
"If you leave this room without permission, then you are fired. Wait for the end of the briefing and I might think that I should just suspend you for two weeks. Without payment of course." Fowler was talking in his normal voice again. If there was something that freaked you out it was Fowler being calm. You stopped and turned around. You looked in his eyes. You needed this job, and you were scared to move anymore. You looked at Connor and he shook his head a bit, showing you that you shouldn't leave.
"As for you Hank, I can make you retire if you really feel like you are tired of this job. If you don't want that, you can still follow my orders."
"Fuck you Jeffrey." Hank said.
Then he walked out of the office.
Connor looked at Fowler and then at me. Then stepped forward.
"Sir, I don't know if you are aware of the fact that your decisions are inhibiting the  investigation. If you now allow me, I would like to leave, and talk to Hank, about what he should do." Connor said.
"Sure. The meeting is over. (Y/N), you are suspended for undetermined time, and you, you plastic ass sould convince that hard-boiled brat to do his job."
You and Connor nodded but said nothing and left.
You looked at him, and saw that his face was troubled.
"What's wrong?" you asked.
"I lied to Fowler. I did get my message 42 hours ago. The lunch I wanted to take you and Lieutenant Anderson would have been my goodbye." Connor said. Before you could comfort him you felt someone slap on your butt.
"What's up, ladies?" Gavin asked.
"Leave me alone you shithead!" you said, not even bothering to look at him.
"Aww, you didn't say this the other night were you? You came to my home drunk and crying that noone can fill the hole you have inside. Then that night I sure show you that I can." Gavin said and hugged you from behind. You tried to shook him off of  you, but you couldn't.
Connor grabbed Reed's hand and pulled him off of you in a moment. Then he let go.
"Aww, look at that plastic prick! Did you grew balls for your android fucker girlfriend?" Gavin said.
"Detective Reed! That's enough. I suggest you to leave us alone before I report you for sexual harassment."
"Oh, I didn't say anything not true!" Reed held his hand up to show that he is innocent. "By the way, (Y/N) you left your phone at my house. I thought I sould give you if back in case you need someone to take care of you." Reed said as he held your phone out. You took the device from his hand then looked at the floor.
It took some tense seconds to pass until something happened.
"Oh my god! She didn't tell you this, did she? That I fucked her that night when you decided to be too afraid to take care of her." Reed said.
You saw Connor chlenching his hand into a fist. Before you could do anything he hit Gavin. Gavin fell back to a table, knocking some things down. He put one of his hands to his mouth, but as soon as he realized that his mouth was bleeding he smiled.
"Oh, you so fuckin' gonna regret this." he said and he also punched.
They started fighting knocking stuff over. You needed to step back not to get hit by Gavin at a missed punch.
Connor dodged Gavin's first hit by stepping aside a bit and blocking it with his left hand and hitting Gavin in the stomach with his right hand. To this, Gavin bended forth, because of the pain but then charged at Connor pushing him to a table. When Connor fell off of the table, Reed immediately went after him kneeling on the top of his chest and then hitting his face over and over again. You saw Connor's hand reach for something that could help him and he grabbed a hole puncher and hit Gavin in the head with it. This made him lose his balance for a moment so Connor could stand up to give him a final punch.
This was the moment when Connor was held down by Hank.
"Connor! Stop! It's not worth it! Son!"  Hank shouted to Connor's ears, and it seemed to be working. At first Connor was struggling against the hold, but then he  calmed down. Someone else held down Gavin too. His lips were injured, and he might have broke his nose, but you couldn't remember if he had this big nose forever, or does he have them because of the fight. You were also sure that at some point he will have a black eye by tomorrow.

*Author's note*
I kinda made Gavin here worse than I think he is, but I do think that he is childish, and he does love to contest with Connor over anything.
I hope you liked this chapter. It's a bit longer than usually, so I really hope you enjoyed.
Bye-bye cherry pie! 🥧🍒

PS: Does anyone besides me know the song Cherry pie from Warrant? It seems like none of my classmates know it.