What you destroyed

In your lunchbreak you were walking to the diner near to the station. You loved to go there. The weather became a bit more chilly, and you were cold a bit, but you decided that it's some kind of punishment for you that you were happy, when you made someone, more importantly Gavin unhappy. You felt guilty. In fact so guilty, that you could only feel yourself better when you were busy with somethig else. Like work. Today, when you were working in the office you couldn't bring yourself to turn around to Gavin's desk and act like nothing happened. He was right behind you, joking, making fun of people, like he usually did. With you. But now you didn't turned around, didn't finished his jokes, and you felt miserably for that.

Hank arrived to the office around 12. Your warm hearted surrogate father felt that something was off, so he didn't asked. He let you alone with your thoughts. You would go to him if you wanted help. But you didn't you wanted to solve it yourself since you were the one in the first place who made this mess. You needed to think of a way to talk it out, but you couldn't. Or more likely, you didn't want to. You just buried yourself into work until your stomach growled.

And here you were walking to the little diner called Coffe & Lunch, like you usually did. When you stepped into the place, the warm air hit your face. You didn't mind it though. You almost subconsiously walked up to the same usual box, you used to take. There was only one problem. Somebody was already sitting there. And no other than Gavin. 

You turned around as fast as you yould, but he seemed to notice you. Without looking up from his phone where he read something, he said "We can't avoid each other for the rest of our lives, not until we work in the same place. So... Sit!"

Without a word you sat down. You looked to the table and to the table only. You were really careful not to look at him. You examied the lines on the wood and the little scraps on the table, while you were waiting.

Soon the waitress walked up to you, asking you what would you like to order. Then he poured a cup of coffee for you.

"A Cheese-Dream Sandwich would be nice." you said. She nodded and quickly wrote it down, then she left.

"She wants it with extra oregano!" Gavin shouted after the waitress without looking up from his phone. You looked at him amazed. He knew so much about you.

He took a sip from the coffee on the table. It was yours, but you let it slip by. You felt like you have a chance at forgiveness, yet you asked yourself if you really deserved it. You were not sure after what you did to him, he should forgive you or even let you close to hime ever again.

"Are you sorry?" he asked you out of the blue. He slowly locked his phone, then placed the device to the table.

"I am." you said after a moment, but you still couldn't look at his face.

"Would you do it different if yo had the chance?" he asked you. You shook your head. You knew you were doing the right thing when you saved Simon. You knew you did the right thing when you followed your heart after Connor, or when you helped the androids. Gavin hated them, sure, he wouldn't ever help them, but you? You were not Gavin.

"I see. You don't dare to look in my eye." he stated. "You know that I am not angry at you, right?" he said.

You finally looked at his face surprised. You saw that cute half-smile of his like usual.

"You are not?"

"Well at least not furious. I mean, I know that when you didn't notice me on he frontline, that was because you were already taking care of someone else. When you didn't called me in the past few weeks, it was because you had some kind of fucked up quest to go. And that you did't come to the hospital with me yesterday, it was because you didn't even know tha I was injured the first place. I just really missed your company, you know?" he said slowly, letting every word roll out of his mouth in their own speed, leting you understand them.