Back on track

Your POV

You were going home with Connor. The two of you decided to walk around the city for the time being. Then you walked in a boutiqe and tried dozens of chlothes on just to not buy any of them. Connor didn't understand, why did he need to come with you and look at you in each outfits if you end up not buying any of them. After that the two of you went to some cute coffe, which Connor found nearby, so you could rest a bit. It had your favourite hot drink, and it had 4.7 points on google review out of 1459601 opinions... It has been here for a while, so you wasn't really surprised that when you asked Connor when was the first review done, he said 2019. 

So you rank some hot (Y/FD). You held it close to your mouth first just so the steam would go to your face. You breathed in the delicious warm steam, and then took a tiny sip from the drink. of course it made your tounge get burn, but the taste made it wlright. Connor looked at you confused.

"What is it?" you asked.

"Well, I can't quite put my finger why do humans drink things that makes them hurt. I also don't understant tha prhase 'Can't put my finger on something'. I mean on what do I want to put my finger that i'm incapable of, and why do I want to put my finger on that object I can't put my finger on?"

Now it was your turn to look at him  confused. "It's just something that people say, when they don't understand something why it is the way it is. Or something like that. I can't really put it into words."

"That's not my issue. I meant that why these words exactly mean what they do? because it is weird, but so many people uses it. I also looked up a couple of definitions, but I still don't really undarstand why? Or I should say that I quite put my finger on this issue." he said smiling.

You also started to smile.

"Ohhh, was this a pu? It was a pun, wasn't it?" you laughed.

"I must confess the second part was a pun, but I really can't understand why you are drinking such a hot and useless drink. I mean you know how hot that is?" he asked, pointing to the cup.

"No.." you said as you took another sip.

"May I?" he asked as he held his hand closer to the cup. 

"Sure." you said, as you held it out for him. To your surprise he put one of his finger into it. you saw his LED flicker a few times then he pulled it out and licked it. For a moment he closed his eyes, and I saw him analysing it.

"So? how hot it is?" I asked.

"It's around 87,6 °C, or 189,68 Farenheit. I'm sure that it has some dangerous burning inside your system, so I would be more careful." he said. "Also, do you know how much sugar is in that thing? It would probably be better for your blood glucose level, if you just stuffed three spoonful of sugar into your mouth. The thing you hold in your hand is around 138 calories." he said. You looked down to the cup in your hand then looked back at him. Suddenly you felt left urge to drink it, but this decrease wasn't enough to prevent you drinking it in the end.

You took another sip from it, before you answered.

"You know, it's not a good thing to say such things to a woman. I might think that you are saying that I am fat, and I might think that you deserve better and break up with you. Or even worse! I might start a diet." you said smiling.

You obviously were joking but Connor looked in front of himself seriously until he spoke up.

"I think I'm gonna remember that. I don't want to lose you because of a silly comment on a (Y/FD)." he said then reached out for your free your hand. "You know, you mean so much to me already and each day I get to the realisation that I want to be with you more and more. I just love you so much."