Break from the world

One week before you would give everyhing to see Connor again, but now, all you really wanted is some sleep with no one wathcing you, and no one telling you, how, or when you should take your medicine. It's not like you wasn't happy that Connor was next to you. That was the best feeling, really, but sometimes you needed some alone time, and now you really needed some rest. You were staying over at Kamski's place in the last week. It turned out that you were unconsious for almost two day. Hank came and visited every third day, so he came two times, but you felt like you are doing nothing useful. And you hated that feeling. When you woke up, your breakfast was already done, when you decided to do some work on your computer, like writing reports or anything, Connor showed up and took it, saying that it's not real rest if you are working. You couldn't talk to Markus since you came from The Cyberlife Tower. You couldn't watch the news, because Chloe said that stress would make your condition worse. Then again, you couldn't do nothing but to talk to connor and play with him some games. It was fun for around three days, but then the things you already talked about came up again and angain, and it started to bore you. Kamski still didn't do anything about the Cloe thing, and when you decided that you would go to a walk, someone even helped to tie your shoe. It was really irritating.

The stress you felt started building up in you waiting to brust out and you knew how bad that will be. You will blew up like a volcano and everything surrunding you will burn down to dust. Okay, you might be a bit overdramatic, but it most certainly not will look good.

"(Y/N)! I brought you some water. It's important for you to be hydrated." Connor came in your room, giving you a glass.

You sighed but drank the water anyway. You realised it  days ago, it's easier not to fight back.

"When can I go home? or back to work?" you asked Connor the same queston what you asked in every three hours.

"When you can rise your arm above your head without making faces." he said the same thing, he answered every time.

You lifted your hand, trying rally hard not to move a muscle on your face.

"Can I go?" you asked, chlenching your teeth. You had to admit, it really did hurt, lifing your hand, nut you didn't think that it would be that big deal to wait for it to heal for another one week or even a full month.

"You know, that I detect when you are feeling pain, right?" Connor asked. You dropped your hand and looked at him misbelieving.

"I am still not convinced that you are ready for field work." he said.

"And what about you?" you asked.

"What about me? I'm fired from the police department. In fact I was never employed in the first place." Connor raised an eyebrow as he said this to you. He took your glass and placed it to the desk near to your bed.

"Can I at least get up and walk a bit outside?" you asked.

"Sure. You are not a prisoner. But I suggest you not to go for a walk. It's really cold outside, and this kind of attack to your immune system could give you fever, or worse. So I wouldn't risk my healing process, and pushing the time more to your return to the field." he said. Now you didn't want to go outside. This was what he was doing in the whole week. You didn't believe it earlier, but you got bored out of the internet, the TV, and talking to Connor. And you were not really allowed to do anything else.

"You are right. I shouldn't do such a thing." you said miserably. You looked down to the floor.

"But if you'd like, I can wrap you in a blanket, and go on a walk with you in my hands?" he said, trying to look in your eyes. "I sense that you are unhappy. What's wrong?" he asked.