Glass castle

"You never thought how lucky you were up until this point, did you? You never thought that anything bad could happen to you, even though, there's something horrible happening every day in the world. Yet, you lived in a castle of glass, that seemed beautiful, and you thought that nothing could ever bring down the walls, that was protecting you. But when they fell, and shatter to pieces, you will be the one, that will stand in the middle of them. In the middle of razor blade sharp pieces of the past happiness, and you will miss everything you didn't do or get, because after that, it will almost be impossible to build back, what you once had. And when you find out that all the destruction was caused by you, it will crush you. Because it will be caused by something that you didn't think is possible. What you did when you wanted to do something out of goodwill.

So the sky is gonna hurt when it falls. And all you can do then is blame yourself and ask yourself, why did you not built up something to save you from this. Why did you not built some walls around you out of cement or something that could save you?

And the answer will lie in front of you. You didn't do it, because you liked the view of your glass castle. You liked the life, adn didn't want to think all the bad thigs, that could happen, and those that are happening."

A distand voice said it, while you were lying in your bed. You were scared of it, but you just couldn't wake up to make her stop from speaking. You knew why she said all of it, and you knew, that if you make it stop you just prove her point. You you kept your eyes shut, adn hoped that Connor will come in shinig armor and save you.

But nothing happened. Your dream, where you were lying on a hill, letting the soft grass touching your skin, and you enjjoyed the breeze until that distant voice started talking. You tried to answer it, but ypou just couldn't no matted how hard you were trying to shout you couldn't make a sound.

You just watched that fluffy light coulds flying across you and you thought that you would like to join them, and fly across the world just as lightly as they did, with such grace. But the words of the voice just came back and back each time. Who was she? You kept thinking about it. Some kind of godess? Some strange totem, or some power that could do anything with you? Maybe even fate? You never knew that fate was actually a woman.

Slowly you opened your eyes just to find Connor sleeping peacefully next to you. You looked at him. You pushed some of his hair out of your way, and gave a kiss on his forehead. He mumbled something incomprehersible, but he was cute.

You slipped out of the bed and walked to the bathroom barefeet. The stonefloor felt almost icey, so you tried to hurry. You got your vesture, then walked out. You slowly walked downstairs, to your kitcken. You started making some breakfast. It was sarurday, so it was almost like a day off. Especially after the last two days of working like a robot. You could almost finish everything that was left after your breaks.

You put the pot on the fireplace and started boiling water for your coffee. Then suddenly you heard a cough from the direction of the living room. You turned on your heels, and took one of the frying pans in your hand. You already swung it like a baseball player, but you stopped inches away from Connor. Or Fake-Connor.

"Sorry for the inconvenience. I didn't mean to disturb you, I just came by to ask you some questions about Reed."

You slowly put down the pan while looking at him with disbelief. "So you just decided to break into my flat, while Connor and I are sleeping upstairs?"

"I didn't made any noise so I wouldn't wake you up. And the door was already opened. And Connor isn't sleeping, he is just updating his memory."

"Still, you just walked into my house without asking for permission?" you asked a bit high pitched voice.