⇨INTRODUCTION/PROLOGUE

//EUPHORIA\\
eu·pho·ri·a
/yo͞oˈfôrēə/
noun
a feeling or state of intense excitement and happiness.
"the euphoria of success will fuel your desire to continue training"
synonyms: elation, happiness,
joy, delight

//PROLOGUE\\
In the year 1952, Mr. and Mrs. Valance gave birth to a beautiful baby girl, which they named Rowan. Rowan was nothing like her sister Sherri. Rowan was a wild child, always looking for trouble. Once when she was in kindergarten she stabbed some kids' hand because his nose was runny and he refused to go blow it. After that incident, her parents knew she wasn't going to be easy to handle. And they were right.

Sherri was always unproblematic, she had the perfect boyfriend, the perfect house, the perfect best friend, and a perfect face. On the other hand, Rowan's hair was always messy, her room was always messy, and her life was always messy. She was all over the place, and nothing could really piece her back together.  Deep down she just wanted to be loved. Appreciated. I mean, her parents used to love her. They used to sing her goodnight with a small kiss on the forehead. They used to treat her with kindness and respect, just as much as they did to Sherri. Well, that was until they found out their daughter was a greaser. Who would have guessed? A greaser in the Valance family. growing up she would start shoplifting, lying, even drinking and smoking. She was a real hard one. If only her parents knew they were the ones who broke her. When she was only thirteen her parents sent her to a Rehabilitation center in Canada for a year. It was nothing like Juvie. It felt worse, but she knew that it was only because her parents were the ones who sent her there. They were just too obsessed with being the perfect family with perfect children and perfect lives. They had not cared about her for one bit. Once the year passed, she was back in Tulsa, but things were very different. There was more drama than ever between the rival groups Socs and Greasers.  She just wished someone would understand that your title doesn't define who you are. It's the individual.

Now in the year 1966, at age 14, here she was, doing her morning running, trying to go as fast as she could to escape the police sirens following her.
And without knowing, she had just ran past the Curtis household, which would soon become her second home. A refuge.
Without looking back, she ran as fast as her legs could carry her and hid from the police officers that were after her. 

What a life.

After the coast was clear, she stepped out into the shadows of the alleyway she jumped in. The police were gone.
"Fancy meeting you here."

//END OF PROLOGUE\\

Side note: I know some things might not add up, but I was 14 when I wrote this so please give it a chance, it gets better