☼ ₂₄

« This town will never change, people come and go it's all the same. »

ROWAN P.O.V.

I lifted my sleeve so he could see all of the stitches covering my arm.

"This is what you did to me." I repeated, making sure he knew how much he destroyed me.

"This is what you did."

I woke up.

fuck.

There was darkness surrounding me and I honestly didn't know what was going on.

It took a second for my eyes to adjust to the darkness of the room.

Where was I?

Then it hit me.

The soft squishy bed, the light breeze from the window on the left side of the bed, the sweet smell of chocolate cake, and the faint sounds of Elvis singing on the record playing.

I was in Soda and Pony's room.

This room had become so familiar to me, it was almost scary.

I got up and decided to see what was going on. I didn't manage to get far though, because of the excruciating pain coming from my thigh.

I looked down at it, and I had a bandage going around my leg.

Darry must've taken care of it.

I continued wobbling towards the living room, holding onto everything along the way so I wouldn't fall over. I was walking extremely slowly.

I wasn't in the living room yet, but I could make out the gang talking. I stopped walking a little, to let my leg rest.

I really shouldn't do this, and I know better than to eavesdrop, but I still listened in on their conversation.

"She said I did this to her." I heard Pony say.

"Well to be fair you kind of did." I heard Steve reply.

"Shut up Steve. He was sick, and he didn't know what he was saying." Another voice spoke up. Probably Darry.

"Well, he still said it. And he broke her." Steve replied again.

"He didn't know any better, he was sick. How many times do I have to say it?" Darry spoke again.

"You guys didn't see her that day when she was stabbing herself repeatedly in the arm because of what you told her." Steve started talking louder and I could hear the anger in his voice.

"I'm pretty sure I care for her more than you do." Steve continued.

"I say I get to have her." He finished.

"She's not some object that we get to throw around or to own." Pony replied.

I smiled to myself.

"Well that's how you treated her!" Steve exclaimed.

I heard a crash and I instantly knew that Pony and Steve started fighting.

"Enough!" I heard Darry exclaim, probably breaking up the boys.

"Guys you're going to wake her up." I heard Soda whine.

"I'm going to go check in on her." Pony spoke. I could hear footsteps coming closer to where I was.