☼ ₁₇

« If you're going to stay, then stay, but if you leave make sure you hurt me just enough to make me feel something. »

**BEFORE WE START: word of advice, you might want to get your tea kettle ready for this chapter. Its gonna be real good sis**

ROWAN P.O.V.

Pony came up to me.

"If ever you're stuck or need help, just call out my name I'll be there." Ponyboy said, treating me like I was a child.

"Oh please, you're going to be the one who needs me." I spoke, and caught up with the rest of the gang, yet again leaving Pony behind me, in shock.

He shook his head, laughing a little and ran up to the rest of us. 

We were all hyping each other up and fist bumping. Steve picked me up and put me on his shoulders, still cheering. 

He held on my thighs and gave them a reassuring squeeze. 

When we finally got to the designated location, he set me down and walked over to Tim Shepard's gang. Pony and I stayed back and watched them all talk to each other.

"I swear to god I'm going to beat Steve's face in." Pony mumbled to me. He was clearly upset about the fact that Steve had carried me all the way here.

"Hey, don't worry about it okay? We're going to tell the gang after the rumble that we're together. And then Steve won't bother us anymore." I said, caressing his cheek.

"Yeah okay." He said, still looking kinda mad.

"I promise he won't bother us anymore." I reassured him, pulling him in for a hug. He wrapped his arms around me and I felt so protected in that moment. 

So safe. Like nothing in the world could harm me.

But then I snapped back to reality when I heard the roaring engines of many cars pull up. I pulled away from the hug and looked at all the socs file out of them, one by one. 

There were 2 more socs then greasers, but we could manage.

Pony and I got in a horizontal line, with all the other greasers, and we stared menacingly at the approaching socs.

Darry walked up, indicating he would start the rumble. Some other soc guy walked up to Darry and agreed to start with him.

The tension between the two of them was so thick, I could cut it with a knife.

Darry was getting ready to swing, when suddenly, we heard someone yell out.

"DON'T YOU KNOW A RUMBLE AINT A RUMBLE WITHOUT ME?"

Dallas fucking Winston.

I couldn't be happier to see him, I already knew he would tear up the socs one by one.

Darry turned around to look at who it was, but he was brutally hit in the face by the soc, beginning the rumble. 

I ran over to the socs side and grabbed one of them by surprise. He was taller than me but he didn't have much build.