☼ ₇

« Things were rough all over, but it was better that way. That way you could tell the other guy was human too. »

ROWAN P.O.V.

Bob dropped to the floor, and once his friends saw what was happening, they all ran, leaving me, a terrified Johnny, a passed out Ponyboy, and worst of all...

They left Bob, lying on the floor, dead, and bleeding out.

I couldn't say anything. It was like my lips were glued shut. 

On the other hand, my mind was screaming all kinds of thoughts. 

My breathing started speeding up and soon enough I was hyperventilating.

"Oh my god Johnny, oH MY GOD!" I screamed, holding my head in my hands, curled in a ball on the cold ground. 

I looked at Bob with wide eyes, expecting him to get up and say it was just a prank. But when he didn't, I started freaking out even more.

Pony started coughing and he opened his eyes. He saw Johnny shaking, holding his switchblade. Then he looked at me, with fear in his eyes. He turned his head a little more and saw Bob.

"Shit shit SHIT!" he was reacting just as bad as me.

I got up from where I was and looked at the boys.

"We gotta get to Dally. He'll know what to do. We can't just stay here, the fuzz is going to be here soon." I spoke quickly, but they seemed to have heard what I said because they got up and we started running to Buck's. I prayed Dally would be there.

Once we got there, Pony and Johnny stood in front of the door, I was waiting nervously in the back.

 They started banging on the door like crazy, just like I had that night I met Pony.

Suddenly the door opened.

"What do ya want?" Someone said.

"You gotta let us see Dally." Johnny started.

"Hes busy." The guy said, about to close the door. Johnny stopped the door with his foot.

"Cmon, tell him it's Johnny, Ponyboy, and Rowan. He'll come" Johnny pleaded.

"Look kid, I said he was busy." The man answered rudely, and he was about to slam the door shut, until I intervened.

"Listen here buddy" I said, grabbing him by his shirt collar.

"We need to talk to Dally, and we're going to talk to Dally, now I suggest you get the fuck out of my face." I spoke with anger, pulling out my switchblade at the end. 

He gulped and let us get inside. Johnny and Pony just stared at me in awe. I started walking towards the kitchen to where I had seen Dally, the boys following behind me.

"Tuff." I heard Johnny whisper to Ponyboy.

When I was finally close enough, I started shaking Dally's shoulder. He turned around with a mean look on his face, but when he saw it was just us, it softened.