☼ ₂₀

« Cause when you never see the light its hard to know which ones of us are caving »

ROWAN P.O.V.

I looked up at him, but he was already looking at me.

He leaned in to kiss me.

And for the first time in forever,

I let Steve Randle get what he wanted.

Our lips moved in synch, and I could feel Steve smiling through the kiss. After a good five seconds, we pulled away.

We just stared at each other, taking in everything that had just happened. 

He was still lightly smiling. He looked so happy. I didn't really display any emotion, but it didn't seem to bother him.

I pulled him in a hug and started crying again. I was so confused. I just didn't know what I wanted anymore. 

Ponyboy fucked with my emotions so bad, and he didn't even care.

On the other hand, Steve cared for me. He liked me a lot too. I don't think he would ever do that to me.

But damn, Pony was the only boy who could make me feel so alive. He got under my skin a lot, but I liked that. I liked being with Pony. Hell, I loved being with him.

That just made me cry even harder. I didn't think Ponyboy would ever hurt me so much. He really hit where it hurt most.

Steve was really confused, he just held me and patted my back, not really knowing what was going on. God bless his soul, he was the sweetest person ever. 

That made me cry even harder than before. Steve was the nicest guy ever, and I felt like I shouldn't have kissed him while my heart belonged to another.

"You know that's the first time I've ever seen you cry." He noted.

"Yeah well it's the last time too." I mumbled, sniffing a little.

I pulled away from the hug.

"Steve, you know I'm with Pony." I said, choking out the words through my tears.

"You're with Pony?" He asked, getting a little angry.

"Oh that's funny because last time I checked, he didn't give a hang about you! Look what he made you do!" Steve exclaimed, motioning to my arm. 

He looked pretty mad, and mi not going to lie, it scared me a little.

"I know." I whispered. I hated to admit it but what he said was a hundred percent true.

"I'm sorry Steve, I'm just really confused and I just don't know." I whispered to him, looking down at my feet.

He lifted my head up and looked at me in the eyes.

"Hey it's okay don't worry. It's normal that you're confused, I get that. You need some rest." He replied, kissing my nose.

I never would've thought a nose kiss could pain me so much. It reminded me of Pony and all the great times we had, like that one time we tried to bake a cake.