☼ ₅

« Can you see the sunset real good on the West side? You can see it on the East side too. »

ROWAN P.O.V.

After 329 steps, I was in front of the diner. I walked in and the little bell chimed.

Right after I got in, 6 pairs of familiar eyes turned and looked at me. I smiled and headed over to them.

I walked over to them and sat in an empty chair next to Steve.

"Can't get enough of us, can you?" Two-bit asked, grinning at me.

"What can I say, she can't handle the Randle." Steve replied, putting an arm around my shoulders.

Everyone started laughing a little, even me.

"Yea sure, because I would kill to be with a guy who can't eat chocolate cake properly." I resorted, grinning right back at him.

He went quiet and the rest of the gang laughed a little at him.

Pony was glaring at Steve's arm around me.

Apparently, I wasn't the only one who noticed because Soda suddenly spoke up.

"Hey Steve, pass me the salt will ya?"

Steve took his arm away from me and passed Soda the salt.

As soon as Steve's arm left my shoulders, Pony's eyes went back to normal.

"So what brings you here in the first place?" Darry asked, from the other end of the table.
I thought for a minute.

"Just had to get out of my house a little. That's all." I didn't really want to go into detail.

"Your folks fighting?" Johnny asked.

"Yea something like that." I lied. 

I didn't want to let them know about Bob. Even less about how Sherri is my sister. Then they might think I'm a soc and never talk to me again.

 Who knows? Either way, I'm not risking potentially losing them.

Everyone was eating their burgers and I just sat there eyeing their food. Johnny must've noticed because he leaned over to me and gave me his fries.

"Thanks Johnny." I smiled at him and shoved three fries in my mouth.

Johnny's face became a little red.

"Aww does Johnny have a little crush?" Steve asked in a baby voice, making kissy noises.

"Shut it, Steve." I said, throwing a couple of fries at him. He caught one in his mouth.

Johnny just stayed quiet. I felt kinda bad for the kid, he looked so lost. His eyes had something in them that made me want to protect him at all costs.

I continued eating my fries in silence as I looked at the boys fooling around.

Two-Bit and Steve were pouring salt, pepper, ketchup, and all kinds of stuff into Soda's water when he wasn't looking and dared him to drink it afterward.