☼ ₁

« Sixteen years on the streets and you can learn a lot. »

*I wrote this when I was fourteen so I'm sorry if some parts are cringe.*

Also, I'm not sure if anyone is re-reading this again but if you are, I recently added some new scenes, for everyone who was asking. Hopefully you enjoy!

ROWAN P.O.V.

I ushered out of the alleyway in which I was hiding and checked my surroundings.
The cops were gone.

Suckers.

I unzipped my bag and got out the sandwich which I had just stolen. A voice from behind me spoke up, making me drop it. I groaned.

Whoever made me drop my food better be sorry they ever did.

"Fancy meeting you here, Valance."

I rolled my eyes. I didn't have to turn around to know who it was, but I did anyway.

"Oh look, a douchebag."

Bob chuckled and rolled his eyes. He placed a hand on his heart and faked being hurt.

"Oh wow Valance, I didn't think you could get any more rude." he scoffed

"Well think again Bob." I said, making sure to spit out his name with pure hatred.

"Cool it Valance, I was just going to ask you if you needed a ride back to your house."
He sounded genuinely worried for me. Odd.

"C'mon Bob, you know I barely live there anymore." I said, sighing.

"So? You should still go, your folks are probably worried about you." He replied.

I hesitated for a moment before agreeing.

"Yea whatever just don't talk to me during the ride there." I finally responded.

He started walking over to where his car was parked and motioned for me to follow.

"What are you doing here anyways?" I asked, curiosity getting the best of me.

"I was just wandering around and happened to see you running for your life. I knew you were running from the cops. Thought I'd help." he answered simply with a shrug.

I nodded in response. I knew that wasn't the real reason, but I let it slide.

Once we got in his green Mustang, he started driving me back to my house. It was awkwardly silent.

I was always cold to people I didn't like. Bob was no different. He might be dating my sister and acts nice to me in public, but he's an asshole. He never fails to make my day miserable. 

He follows me around a lot and then goes and tells my family what I'm doing to earn brownie points. He's like their little spy. I hated it. I knew Sherri also hated it, but she didn't say anything about it. 

She feared our parents. I mean, everyone was afraid of Mr. and Mrs. Valance. Except for me. I talked back all the time. They knew they had no control over me and that's what caused them to fear me so much.

I sighed, looking out the windows. Rain slowly started splattering against the car, making the silence between Bob and I two times worse.

He tore his eyes off the road and looked at me.

"You know I only hate you because you're a dirty greaser, right?" I gave him a cold glare, but it didn't really phase him, he just went on.