☼ ₄

« You get tough like me and you don't get hurt »

ROWAN P.O.V.

He grabbed my wrist yet again.

"Wait. Johnny, Dally and I are going to the nightly double tomorrow night. Want to come with?" He asked, his eyes full of hope.

I smiled at him.

"I'd love to."

I went inside and closed the door quietly. I ran to the living room and looked out the windows, watching Pony walk further and further down the streets of Tulsa.

I smiled to myself while watching him walk away. I was really glad I had fallen upon his house. Suddenly my thoughts of the Cutis' were rudely interrupted by my mother.

"And where have you been, missy?" She asked, her eyes narrowing at me. If she was about to give me one of her speeches, then she would have to be prepared to eat shit.

"I went out." I replied, walking in the kitchen to get some food.

"And where exactly were you?" She asked, still looking pissed.

I grabbed a couple boxes of crackers from the pantry. I walked to the fridge to grab water.

"I believe that doesn't concern you." I said, without a care in the world. I grabbed a loaf of bread and some peanut butter, my hands now full of food.

"I swear to god if you got pregnant with some grease I will not hesitate to throw you out of this house!"

I started walking up the stairs, my arms full of food, not really giving a shit about my mom.

"Well then I guess you're in luck because I didn't sleep with 'some grease'." I said, talking louder and louder with every step I took, making sure she heard me loud and clear.

"Rowan Leslie Valance, you come down here right this instance or I will throw you out of this house!" She yelled at me. I chuckled to myself. Did she really think that scared me? Her threats were the worst. 

I knew Sherri would never let that happen. She may hate me a little, but we're sisters and she's never gonna let mom throw me out.

"Eat shit mom!" I yelled, now fully at the top of the stairs. I stormed to my room and slammed the door, to make sure she knew I meant business.

I dropped all the food on my bed and looked at it. That should be good to last me until tomorrow.

I smiled thinking of tomorrow.

I walked around my room, hoping to kill a little bit of time. At least until I found something else to do. I stopped in front of my full-length mirror and looked at myself. I was still wearing Sodapop's clothes. That was probably why my mom thought I had slept with someone, not that I would have minded.

I went to my dresser, trying to find something else to wear. I settled on some random flared jeans with a red tank top. I grabbed the clean clothes and made my way to the bathroom.

I stripped from Sodas clothes and hopped into the shower. I turned the water on to the hottest it could go, and I let the water run me over.