☼ ₁₉

« Feeling like i saw my soul, devil in the form of a whore. »

*Trigger warning: self-harm*

ROWAN P.O.V.

Soda held me while I watched Darry drive away with Pony. Once they were out of sight Sodapop let go of me.

"C'mon, you need to rest." He mumbled, bringing me to his bedroom. I collapsed on his bed and fell into a very restless sleep.

I woke up the next morning with a massive migraine. I groaned. I didn't want to get up, I didn't want to move, I didn't want to face the world, and most importantly, I didn't want to live. 

The memories of last night came rushing in. Johnny was dead, and Pony couldn't even be there for me because he was at the hospital.

I got up and I was about to leave, but Soda came into the room. He sat next to me.

"How you feeling?" He asked, genuinely concerned.

"I feel like shit." I answered honestly.

"How come?" He asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Are you serious? My best friend died, and my boyfriend is in the hospital!" I exclaimed, in disbelief.

"Boyfriend?" Soda asked, his eyes widening.

The thought of Pony made me calm down a little.

"Yeah. Boyfriend." I replied, smiling a little.

"Ohh." Soda said.

"That makes a lot of sense." He continued, nodding. I was about to open my mouth to speak but Soda cut me off.

"Oh my god Steve kissed you right in front of Pony! My poor, poor brother. Must be heartbroken." Soda ranted more to himself than to me.

"No Pony and I are good." I reassured him, placing my hand on his shoulder.

"Damn, and to think I'm the one who talked Steve into kissing you. Man I should've known, he's my own brother. I could tell he liked you but I never actually thought he had a chance." Soda sighed, laughing a little at the end.

"Well, he has me now. All of me." I replied, sighing at the thought of Pony.

Soda smiled sadly at me.

"Speaking of, can we go see him?" I begged Soda. He grinned at me.

"Sure kiddo." He replied, helping me up. We walked out of the room.

"Let's get some breakfast first." Soda said, leading us to the kitchen.

"Who cares about breakfast, can we just go see Pony now?" I whined, sounding like a baby.

"Rowan, breakfast is the most important meal of the day." Soda explained, grabbing out a couple pans. He walked to the fridge and got out four eggs.