☼ ₁₈

« Life can be cruel, if you're a dreamer. »

ROWAN P.O.V.

"Rowan? You know that thing I wanted to tell you earlier? Well, uh I.. uhh." He cut himself off.

He picked me up and started spinning me around. Then he grabbed my face in his hands.

And before I had any time to react,

he crashed his lips against mine.

He kissed me. Steve Randle kissed me. Right in front of my boyfriend too.

Behind us I could hear the gang cheering for him.

I was so weak that I couldn't even push him off me, he had me in a tight grip. 

I could hear Ponyboy cursing, but he was also obviously too weak to push Steve off  e.

Two-Bit came and grabbed Steve, jerking him off me.

"What the hell man?" Steve asked, shoving Two.

He immediately turned back to me, with hope in his eyes. I knew he expected me to say something cute, or even kiss him back, but I just nodded my head.

"I have to go." And with that, Dally, Pony and I took off, leaving a devastated Steve behind. 

He started pushing around Two-Bit, asking him why he pulled him away from me, but Two didn't answer. Soda just comforted Steve.

After this point, I didn't look back. We jogged lightly to Dally's car. Pony looked like he was about to pass out any second. He was all bloody and bruised.

I sat in the front seat, squished between Dally and Pony. Dally was off, ranting about being tough and not letting anything hurt you. I wasn't listening though. I took Pony's face in my hands.

"Are you okay? Please tell me you're okay." I pleaded him.

He took a deep breath.

"Steve just kissed you. And you didn't even push him off." He mumbled. Looking away.

"Hey, look at me." I forced him to turn towards me.

"I tried to push him off me, but he had a strong grip. I was too weak." I spoke, my voice breaking. His eyes softened.

"Hey, hey it's okay." He kissed my nose lightly, and then softly kissed my bruised lip. I smiled at him.

"We're gonna get you all healed up once we get home okay?" I spoke quietly, but loud enough so he could hear me.

"Wait!" Dally exclaimed, breaking the moment.

"You two are together?" He said, referring to our little kiss.

"Yeah. She's mine." Pony said, protectively.

"Steve doesn't seem to know." Dally said, stating the obvious.

"Man I can't wait to see the look on his face when he realizes the girl he's crazy about is dating the kid he hates." Dally chuckled, finding this situation extremely amusing.