☼ ₁₀

« Healing is when you become something else, something better, and not something you were before. »

(This is the face claim for Coral btw)

ROWAN P.O.V.

Life has twists and turns in it and truth is, you can't change it. You can't control the way your life goes. If we could, I wouldn't be in this mess right now. 

It just reminded me that it is in fact what it is. 

No matter what you do.

Jonny gave me a sad smile, which I returned. Believe it or not, I felt instantly better knowing he was almost in the same situation as me.

"Cmon let's go back in, Pony is gonna think we eloped to Mexico." He said, grinning. He got up and gave me his hand, helping me up.

I brushed the dirt off my already dirty jeans and walked back to the church with Johnny.

"Man I can't wait to take an actual bath." I spoke, entering the church.

"Yea me and you both, don't worry." He responded.

Pony must've heard us walk in because in a matter of seconds he was in front of us.

"You guys hungry? I made the usual, baloney sandwiches." he said, motioning for us to follow him to the 'kitchen' area.

It wasn't much of a kitchen. It was also where we slept and where we spent most of our days.

Nonetheless, we grabbed a sandwich and started digging in. I never liked baloney but I didn't have the heart to tell them. 

Johnny would feel bad for buying so much, and he was already on edge lately so I didn't want to make matters worse. I just shut up and ate.

There was a long awkward silence of us just eating, until Pony spoke up.

He swallowed his bite and opened his mouth to speak.

"So Rowan, we don't know much about you I mean we met just last week. Mind telling us a bit about yourself?" He asked, taking another bite.

I just stared at him. I hadn't realized I met them just last week. It felt like I've known these boys for ages. 

It felt crazy to me that in a week's spam, we were wrapped in a murder case and hiding in a church. I answered anyway.