Three *

Flashback
- 6 years ago, Gramwood High -

Isobel P.O.V.

"Is! Are you coming to lunch?" my best friend since middle school came running over towards me, her red hair flapping wildly behind her.

"Yeah, but I'm probably not going to eat much. Train tracks got tightened," I sighed, pointing towards my brace-covered teeth.

"Ouch," she flinched, shoving her books in the locker beside mine. We were lucky our last names were similar, so our lockers were assigned close by. Herman and Hernandez. Very coincidental.

"Yeah, only a few more months." I closed my locker door and leant against it, waiting for her to finish.

"Yo Soph, Is," a male voice called. I turned towards the tall, cute, friendly boy of Asian descent approaching us and gave him a wave. He came over pulling Soph by the waist and planted a kiss on her lips.

"Hey baby," Oliver greeted.

"Hi," Sophie giggled staring up into his eyes. They were so in love I kinda wanted to puke. Not that I even had much in my stomach anyways.

"It's our 8 month anniversary soon," he said with a big grin.

"I know," she chuckled, lacing their fingers together. "Food?"

"You know it," he smiled leading them away. I followed behind like the third-wheel that I inevitably was.

Sophie and Oliver were almost like the golden couple. She was a cheerleader, he was on the football team. Cliché? Yes. However, they weren't nasty, insecure teenage bullies. They were actually both decent, well-adjusted human beings. I wouldn't be friends with them if they weren't.

It was senior year, and I couldn't believe I didn't have very long left until I would graduate and leave this place. It was an absolute dream of mine to go to NYU to study literature and journalism. I just had to get through this year first, hopefully without any dramas.

I entered the cafeteria and began heading towards the food line.

"Hey Bels," a familiar cheeky voice said, as he threw an arm over my shoulder.

"Ugh Whitley." I shrugged him off me. "What do you want?"

"Can't a guy just say hello to a pretty girl when he sees one?" He said with a mischievous grin.

"No." I deadpanned, crossing my arms. Nothing good ever follows when he says hello.

"Well then, hello."

It took me a second for the statement to sink in. My jaw dropped before I scrunched my face up, unimpressed.

He just called me ugly.

Asshole.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes. "Takes one to know one."

"Well I don't think the legions of girls out there think that," he sniggered.

Player.

"In your dreams." I scoffed. "They're not cheering for you out there on the field y'know. You kinda suck."