Eleven *

Flashback 
-6 years ago Gramwood High-

Kade P.O.V.

I looked forward to Thursday free period every single week. It was the time that I got Bel all to myself. It was also the time to stir up the most trouble, I smirked.

After lunch, I made my way to her locker as usual, before following her to wherever she spent the 100 minute block. Usually, it'd be the library, but she's tried to throw me off a few times, so I decided to always catch her in the halls beforehand.

"Hi," she sighed, struggling to hold a stack of books in one hand, as she swung her bag over her shoulder and attempted to close her locker all in one go.

"Aw Bels, aren't cha happy to see me?" I pouted. "Here," I grabbed the books from her. She was reluctant to let go. "See, if I weren't here you'd be on struggle street."

"Yeah..." she mumbled, gripping onto the handle of her bag as she walked with her head down low, facing the ground.

"Uh, I mean the floor's interesting and all, but wouldn't you rather look up at this?" I gave her a cheesy grin, gesturing to my face.

"Hmm?" she said absentmindedly as we reached the library, making our way to the back corner. Her typical spot. Sometimes I'd come and sit with her, but when I really needed to smash out an assignment, I took a seat far away. I had to otherwise I'd become distracted and get nothing done. I could be responsible sometimes, y'know.

Bels popped on her glasses before opening up her current book she was reading for the month. She hunched over, propping an elbow on the table as she held her chin in the palm of her hand. I watched her curiously, Bel was being a lot quieter than normal, almost calmer? Almost nice? To me?

I tapped on the desk with my two pens, pretending they were drumsticks as I picked up the beat. She didn't even flinch or tell me off. Weird. I began to tap my foot and hummed a random melody before tapping my pen on the top of her head, nose and over her book. She brushed me away halfheartedly with one hand, her eyes still glued to the words.

"Isobel." I said, stopping with the drumming. I scooted closer to her as I waved a hand in front of her face.

"Isobel." I called again.

"Bel."

She finally popped down the book.

"What do you want?" she sighed, looking at me with a straight, blank face.

"What's wrong Bel? You seem really off today." I asked with concern.

"Nothing, I'm okay..." she shrugged, still with that dead look in her eyes, as if her mind was somewhere else.

"No," I shook my head adamantly. "I know we don't always perfectly get along, but I'm your friend you know that right? I consider you as mine." I smiled.

Her lips lifted at the corners slightly. "Thanks."

I stole the glasses off her face and placed them on the tip of my nose, before crossing my legs. "So, want to spill your guts out to Dr. Whitley?" I took a notebook and pen out, pretending to be a therapist.

"Uh not really, Doctor." She snorted amusedly, taking her glasses back.

"Okay well fine then, but let's leave." I started shoving my things and hers away, tucking her books under my arm, and yanking her up with my other hand.

"What the hell Whitley," she groaned exasperatedly as I dragged her out of the library and back to her locker.

I twisted the lock before popping it open and put her books back inside.