Seventeen *

- 6 years ago, Gramwood High-

Isobel P.O.V.

"Truth or dare Bels," he grinned with a wicked glint in his eyes, challenging me. Either way could turn out disastrous. Crap. I'm not a scared little girl though.

"Dare." I held my ground and stared straight back at him.

"Kiss your favorite team player in the room," he smirked. "On the lips."

Crap, Oliver? No damn way. Jacob, that's a firm no. Who knows what diseases I could catch... and I definitely can't go anywhere near Kade... wait, Tobias!!

Here goes nothing!

I crawled over to him, holding onto his shoulder as I pressed my lips to his for a few seconds. Naturally, he kissed me back.

Everyone gasped and burst into loud cheers. I pulled back from the kiss as we looked at each other and cringed.

"Let's not ever do that again..." he said with a laugh.

"Yup, that was weird..." I nodded as we both chuckled in good nature.

I knew there wasn't ever a romantic spark or connection between us, it was always platonic. The kiss just confirmed that in so many ways. Tobias was simply one of my closest guy friends, almost like a brother even, and nothing more. What a shame. He would of made a pretty good future husband. Darn.

I retreated back to my spot. Dare complete.

A smug grin tugged at my lips as I stole a glance at Kade to rub it in his face. He sat there with a disgruntled look as he picked up the bottle and spun it around. It landed on Oliver.

"Truth." Kade said without being asked.

"Who do you think's the most attractive girl here? Besides Soph of course," Oliver chuckled, wrapping an arm around his girlfriend affectionately, as she leaned into him.

"Isobel," he replied nonchalantly. My head shot up.

What?

We have Sophie here, who's otherworldly stunning, Jenny the super hot cheerleader and his Malibu barbie friend.

Me? I had braces, average brown hair and eyes. That's not to say I wasn't attractive. I had a pretty great self esteem. I'm comfortable with who I am, but honestly I'm a pretty normal high school girl in comparison to my stunning best friends.

Lola was scowling at me from beside Kade. Okay so she really doesn't like me, I thought flickering my attention towards him. He was staring back at me with a look I couldn't decipher. I chewed on my lip as I struggled to comprehend him. He's so damn confusing. He insults my appearance half the time and now he thinks I'm the most attractive? I sat there as the game continued, grappling with this newfound information.

After the game ended, I hung out with Tobias and Oliver, then danced for a little while with Sophie and Jenny before calling it a night. I trudged up the staircase to my bedroom before digging through my skirt pocket to find the key. Coming up empty, I tried the other side. Where the hell is it? I reached into the two back pockets and did the same. Oh no. The blood rushed from my face. I raced downstairs to look for it. It must have fallen out. Through the masses of tangled limbs, moving bodies and flashing lights, it made it impossible to find the small silver key. Ah this is useless, I groaned. I did another quick round, retracing my steps in search of the missing object.