Thirty six

Isobel P.O.V.

The festivities raged on, as the clock ticked away. I participated in multiple photo shoots with everyone from my mom, the bridal party, Tobias, Nessa and even Kade. We took plenty of snaps in the photo booth, sticking a couple of funny ones in the memory book with a small note. I watched on as Sophie and Oliver played some wedding games, with the help of some guests and Sophie dance with her father. These were moments I wasn't going to ever forget witnessing. I even shed another tear, as Oliver toasted to his bride. The pure love they had could be felt so profoundly.

"And now ladies and gentleman, please welcome the couple for their first dance." The M.C announced.

Oliver grinned, escorting Sophie to the dance floor, as a soft, gentle acoustic song played over the speakers.

Hold me close
And hold me fast
This magic spell you cast
This is La Vie En Rose

Her billowing gown swished gracefully as she was twirled and dipped numerous times underneath the sparkling lights.

When you kiss me heaven sighs
And though I close my eyes
I see La Vie En Rose

Sophie leaned into Oliver as they tenderly held each other and swayed to the music.

When you press me to your heart
I'm in a world apart
A world where roses bloom
And when you speak Angels sing from above
Everyday words seem
To turn into love songs

Wisps of smoke poured out onto the dance floor, creating a magical hazy atmosphere as if they were dancing on a cloud in the sky.

Give your heart and soul to me
And life will always be
La Vie En Rose

I felt like not a dry eye could be seen nor an unmoved expression on the guests faces around the room. We watched on as Oliver and Sophie gazed at each other with the purest of smiles.

And when you speak
Angels sing from above
Everyday words seem
To turn into love songs

The couple's movements were so incredibly elegant, floating across the room. He lifted her up in the air, before bringing her down slowly to give her a kiss, ending the routine.

Give your heart and soul to me
And life will always be
La Vie En Rose

"Now I'd like to please invite you all to join the bride and groom on the dance floor."

"Tobias," I whispered lowly, giving him a nudge to the side as I glanced at Casey who was smiling at her sister and brother-in-law whilst they slow-danced.

He chuckled at my excited face. I wiggled my eyebrows in return, egging him on to ask Casey to dance. He took off his jacket and hung it on the seat rest before tapping her on the shoulder. Her eyes lit up as she nodded eagerly and they made their way to the dance floor. The ship has left the dock people, I repeat. The ship has left the dock!

"So how about that dance now?" Kade murmured, holding his hand out.

As I gazed at his tall stature highlighted by the black tux and bow tie, I wondered if this was what it would felt like having a valiant knight bow before you.

I smiled, placing my hand on top of his inviting palm. Inevitably, our touch seemed to set alight a buzz between us. He lead me out to the middle of the dance floor and positioned us in his careful hold. He moved lithely and with grace, twirling us around in some form of ballroom-style dance.