Forty nine

Isobel P.O.V.

I smiled as I rose from my sleep this morning, relaxing in a pair of sturdy arms and a strong, bare chest.

"Good morning," Kade nuzzled into me, tightening his hold. "You're still here..." he murmured with a soft, dreamy smile on his face.

"Well I do live here." I chuckled lightly, tracing my finger over the black ink on his arm with intrigue. I'll have to ask him about it one day...

"That wouldn't stop you." He narrowed his eyes at me.

I narrowed mine back. "Well good to see you still here too."

His expression softened, as he leaned over to press a kiss on my temple. "I'm not going to do that to you ever again. I'm so sorry I treated you that way. I want you Isobel. For real. I want us."

I inhaled a deep breath, closing my eyes for a second. I grasped the side of his face in my hand, planting a kiss on his cheek tenderly. "I forgive you Kade. It was so long ago, I'm glad we had a chance to talk but I would like to fully move past it now, for good. And I'm really sorry too- in hindsight, what I did back to you was stupid."

"I would really like that. Thankyou." He whispered, leaning his forehead down on mine. "And I forgive you too."

"So what now?" I asked quietly, placing my hand under my cheek as I peered up at him.

He gazed at me whilst tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. "I'd like to stay here in New York with you for a little while? If you don't mind... I have some online work to do, and I'd like to be here with you." Kade asked me shyly.

I smiled, instantly lighting up as I hugged him to me. "Please stay."

"I will." He promised, pressing me close to his beating heart. "We're going to make it work okay?"

I nodded, resting my head against his warmth. "We'll figure it out."

"Look at us. Already much better at communicating." He chuckled. My lips tugged up at the corner. About time. We lay there in silence, happily drowning in each other's arms and the perfect feeling encompassing our embrace.

Suddenly, I shot up. Crap, I still have to work! I reached over to the beside table and checked the time.

"You okay?" He asked me concernedly.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I leaned back against the headboard. I hadn't overslept. "Yeah," I chuckled, "I have to go to work! I almost forgot. It's not the weekend just yet."

"Oh. Thought you were doing a runner," he chuckled.

I gave him a flat, pointed stare in return.

"Too soon to make jokes about it?" He bit his lip, snickering.

I rolled my eyes, ignoring him whilst I slipped off the bed. And now we're back to the Kade and Isobel show. I pulled his dress shirt over my body, before buttoning it up messily.

Immediately he froze, his pupils dilating at the sight of me. He didn't hold anything back as he checked me out from head to toe, his eyes lingering on the hemline.

"Oh come on," I teased, noticing his lascivious stare. "It's covering all my bits."

He rolled his eyes. "You know you look sexy as hell in my clothes." He crawled off the bed, coming up to stand next to me, his morning wood standing up proud and tall. I fought the urge to look and be turned on. "It makes you look too damn edible. I actually might have to take it off you..."

I giggled, running away. "But then I'd be naked!"

"I don't mind!" he called, chortling as his footfalls grew heavier, nearing me in the kitchen. He caught me from behind, locking onto my body.