Epilogue

Nine years later

Isobel P.O.V.

"What the hat Whitley!!!" I shouted, standing there taking in the scene before me. Kade and I have been trying to keep our curse words to a minimum, so my little phrase had to be altered accordingly.

I heard two pairs of scurrying footsteps up the staircase and whispers echoing throughout our home.

"Don't you dare hide from me!" I called out, making myself known.

I put the groceries on the island counter in the kitchen before walking towards the living room. They should be fine to sit for a little while since I used environmental chiller bags.

I sighed, taking in the scene of our living room amess. Blankets, sheets, cushions were strewn across our polished tiled floors and our rug was flung halfway across the room. Not where it should be, which is under the coffee table. Speaking of, our coffee table decor was completely missing. I stepped forward to take a closer look- one of the cushions were torn and the wool fluff was decorating the tv nicely.

"Kade. Johnston. Whitley." I called, spinning on my heel to waltz up the stairs. I heard a small uh oh coming from one of the closed doors. My eyes shot to the direction it came from. With a smirk I began walking closer. I flung the door open a little forcefully, making sure there was an audible whoosh and tap against the wall stopper for dramatic effect.

Hushed whispers and whimpers could be heard from the closet of the bedroom I just entered. I pretended not to have a clue, as I faked searching the room before stopping right in front of the closet doors.

The small noises stopped and dead silence rang throughout the space.

I flung the door open as a pair of big round hazel eyes stared back at me alongside a pair of pale mossy green orbs I have loved for so long.

"Busted!" I crossed my arms over, staring down at the two wide-eyed guilty faces.

"Mama!" A small body flung themselves at me. His sweet innocent face gazed up at me as he clung to my legs. I sucked in a deep breath as I stared at his hazel eyes, a perfect combination of mine and Kade's. He also inherited Kade's dirty blonde hair and my olive skin. He was such a sweet little angel. God, I almost got sucked in and forgot about my earlier grievances.

"Hello Hunter." I couldn't help but smile down at the boy. My baby boy. Our son.

"Mama- don't be mad! Daddy and I were just playing around." He said as sweetly as possible. Just like his father, he already had a way with people, charming them left right and centre. Before we know it, we'd already been bent to his will.

I turned towards the man in question. He was crouched down low in the tiny closet. I would have thought how cute it was, how protectively he was holding Hunter in his arms as they hid together. But there's a reason they were hiding. He was biting his lip with mischief dancing in his eyes. As always.

"I'm not mad. But I need to talk to you later about what you did, okay?" I bent down towards Hunter.

"Okay." He nodded.

"Go downstairs and check on Mr. Paws, take him out into the backyard." I said giving him a kiss on the forehead. Hunter raced out of the room immediately.

I raised an eyebrow at the grown man still squished into the closet. "You can come out now." I chuckled. "Oh and I am well aware of how you used our son to soften me up first."

Kade's lip curved into a grin as he stretched himself up and planted his hands on my hips.

"Hi baby mama." He whispered before connecting our lips for a short, sweet kiss. His warm, strong hands travelled from my hips to my stomach, softly palming the swollen curve. He bent down before planting kisses over my pregnant belly. Being a mother was so incredibly fulfilling. I felt so whole. So happy.