Twenty one *

Flashback
-6 years ago, Gramwood High-

Isobel P.O.V.

I freaked out the entire weekend after Jacob's birthday bash. Kade and I. Myself and Kade. Whitley and me. What?!

Luckily though, I didn't have to see him for a good week after because of thanksgiving break. It's really ironic that I sat there, giving thanks to the holiday itself for existing, which gave me an excuse to hide away at home. I even indulged myself in a little online Black Friday shopping as retail therapy and a distraction.

I really, really can't believe I am admitting this right now, but... it was the best kiss I've ever had. He was a phenomenal kisser. Must be all that practise he gets from being a manwhore. I can't believe I, Isobel Hernandez, succumbed to his wicked charms and kissed him. I bet he's throwing himself a self-centred, cocky asshole victory party right now.

I groaned as I picked out a pair of jeans, an off the shoulder knit sweater and a beanie to wear back to school today on this lovely Monday morning. Begrudgingly, I shoved my books into my bag and brushed through my hair before slapping on some tinted moisturiser, mascara and chapstick.

"Oh hi honey!" My mom smiled as I made my way to the kitchen. "Look! One of your friends popped by this morning."

I froze as I saw who was sitting opposite her at the breakfast counter. No freaking way. He grinned from his plate of bacon and eggs. Seriously?! I hoped the time apart would of made a difference to the situation, but apparently not.

"What are you doing here?" I flat out asked him, narrowing my eyes.

"Isobel!" Mom scolded, "That's no way to talk to a guest! And Kade's here to take you to school."

Guest my ass, more like a pest.

"What? Oliver and Soph usually do," I frowned, grabbing my own plate of breakfast.

Kade shrugged. "They're busy. They had to leave early today."

"Mom?" I whined, "You usually take me when Oliver can't." I had my license but I didn't have a car, unfortunately. I usually had to borrow my mom's- we shared it mostly.

"Well I would have, but since Kade's here, he can," she beamed at the boy in question. "Thanks for doing that hun."

"You're welcome Ms. Hernandez," he smiled, bringing his finished dishes to the sink as he grabbed something to scrub them with.

"Oh no no, you don't have to do that! You two better get going!" My mom tutted as she took over by the sink. My mouth dropped. I always have to do my own dishes!!! "And call me Maria."

"Well, thank you so much for breakfast Maria," Kade smiled. "You're a wonderful cook."

She chuckled. "No worries, come by any time!" No. Unbelievable. So he's good with parents too? I shoved a frustrated mouthful of eggs into my mouth before munching on some bacon. Please do not come by any time!

"Ready to go?" Kade asked, swinging his car keys around the tip of his finger.

I grunted as I chewed on the food in thought. Hell no. Can I catch a bus? It'd probably already be gone by now. It's too late. Maybe my old bike is still usable? Ugh, it's small and rusty and the tires popped. Damn it. And my mom had work soon so I can't take her car.