Seven

Isobel P.O.V.

Sophie and I were spending the day, doing up all the party favours. She had placed an order for 130 small wedding gift boxes (a little extra just in case), a bulk order of Hershey's kisses and Lindt chocolate balls, ribbon, and specially designed thankyou sticker labels with her wedding date, alongside their names. We had gone to collect some of the things from the store yesterday so it was now time to assemble them all. We also had to cut and fold up all the place cards she got specially printed, and group them in an envelope at the assigned table. We also had to put the table numbers into glass frames. Whew. There was a lot to do.

Lastly, on today's agenda, we had to draw an example of how she would like each table to be set; ie. where she wants the place cards, flowers, party favours etc. Sophie had also gotten a seating chart board printed as well as menu cards. We didn't have to do anything special with that luckily, except drop them off at the boathouse venue for the reception.

"Soph, is it okay if I play some music?" I asked her as we started on the work load before us on the dining table. I would need it to get through the long day. She nodded whilst making up all the frames, as I quickly connected my phone to the bluetooth speakers before playing Trip by Ella Mai. I hummed and bopped my head along to the tune as I sat there cutting and folding the place cards, sticking on a small foiled gold leaf on each one.

"And she sings!" a loud voice bellowed, coming through the front door. Kade had on a backwards cap, a sleeveless workout tee and some shorts, his skin was glistening as if he just had a workout. He was then followed by an equally sweaty Oliver, who was also dressed in workout gear.

I rolled my eyes, ignoring him as I continued to work on the place cards. I'm in focus mode.

"Hey," Sophie leaned up to give Oliver a kiss on the cheek. "Did you double check with the rental company about the chairs and stuff?" she asked.

"Yep. I just confirmed with them that we would need 112 to be exact. White fold out ones, 7 rows and 8 across on both sides of the aisle for the guests. Plus you wanted 14 ribbon sashes right? For the two outside borders of the chairs? They have navy blue, turquoise, royal purple, red, light pink, white, black, gold and silver. And yes, they have the white platform down the aisle to walk on, and a platform across the front for us to stand with the wedding party and officiant."

"Awesome, thanks babe," she nodded. "Hm, could you get the gold?"

"No worries. Oh! I also sent them the layout so they can set it up," Oliver quickly added.

"Perfect."

"I'm gonna have a shower, but after, Kade and I can come down and help you girls with this," he nodded over to our busy work table.

"I love you, you know that," she grinned.

"I love you too," he grinned, quickly kissing her on the forehead before skipping upstairs.

I couldn't help but smile at their sweet interaction, they made a great team. They were so lucky to have found each other as high school sweethearts.

I finally finished up all the place cards, and put them inside the storage crates to be transferred to the boathouse. The boys came down soon after and joined the table.

Kade plopped himself right next to me, then reached out and grabbed one of the sticker sheets. He picked one and slapped it on the giftbox scaffold with a proud grin.

"Kade," I sighed, grabbing it from him to carefully unpeel it. He stuck it on the wrong side. It's gonna be a lonngggg day.

"What?" He asked, "It was totally centred."