Twenty eight

Kade P.O.V.

Sometimes I feel like Isobel was put on this earth for the sole purpose of making my blood boil. With what exactly you may ask? Lust, annoyance, excitement and utter frustration, are some of the feelings I could describe.

Why is she always so chatty and lovely and flirtatious with everyone? Right in front of me?! Like c'mon, just this morning she was freaking teasing me with her stupid voluptuous ass right up against my poor Kade jr. That little minx.

She makes me hot and bothered all at once.

We placed our orders of food before Sophie's father rose from his seat to give a short speech. He clinked his glass of white wine with a spoon and cleared his throat, catching our attention.

"Good evening everyone, and welcome to my beautiful daughter, Sophie's and her wonderful partner, Oliver's rehearsal dinner."

We all grinned, giving him a short round of applause.

"First off, I would like to congratulate the couple on their wonderful union and wish them well on their upcoming journey of marriage. Soph, you've grown up to be a strong, kind-hearted young lady and I'm so proud to be your father. And Oliver, we have watched you grow up too, becoming the great man you are today to our beautiful girl. Thankyou for always taking care of her and treating her like she deserves. We trust that you will continue to uphold this standard and more for the rest of your lives. Marriage can be difficult, there will be tough, enduring times, but there will also be moments of pure joy. Always take care of each other and support each other during those times. Life is short, so forgive and love one another. Congratulations once again! And to our family and friends, my wife Cassandra and I would like to thank you sincerely for your contribution to the ceremony." Mr. Herman smiled, raising his glass in a toast. "Cheers!"

I raised mine and clinked it with Bel's and those surrounding the table as we took a sip from the drink.

Ollie and Soph stood up to hug Mr. Herman and thanked him for his toast.

"Richie, would you like to give a toast now?" He turned towards Ollie's dad. He nodded quickly taking his place as Mr. Herman took a seat.

"I'd like to keep this short and sweet so we can dig in to the delicious food soon." He chuckled, causing us to laugh softly in agreement. "I'd like to reiterate what Charles said before- marriage can be difficult and it is a very blessed sanctity. Be good to one another and fight for one another. We believe in you and we are here to support you both. I have high hopes tomorrow will go well and we will all have a great day. My wife Liu and I would also like to thank you all here tonight for your involvement in the big day." He lifted his drink in the air. "Congratulations to the happy couple, and let's get this show on the road tomorrow!"

Our dishes came out, their mouth-watering aroma filling the air. Bels got her marinara pasta as I got the sautéed prawns with seasoned green vegetables. We also received some fresh oysters to share.

I watched as Bel squeezed a fresh wedged lemon, drowning the shellfish in the citrus juice. She brought it to her mouth tipping it in and swallowed it with a lick of her lips. How does she make that look sexy? She repeated the actions, taking another shell and sucked softly, emptying the contents into her mouth.

I averted my gaze as I picked up the prawns with my fork, popping the morsel of cream flesh into my mouth in deep thought. What kind of game is Bel playing? One minute she's kissing me like I'm the oxygen she needs to breathe, then she pushes me away, then she's vulnerable and invites me in, then she's teasing me. This woman is a rubix cube full of mystery.