Twenty nine *

Flashback
-6 years ago, Gramwood High-

Isobel P.O.V.

"Isobel, Kade has been taking you to school everyday, no?" My mom perked up over her cup of coffee.

"Well, uh yeah..." I nodded grabbing a bowl of cereal to have some breakfast quickly.

"Invite him for dinner now why don't you?" She smiled, "I want to get to know him better."

"Omg no mom, seriously, we don't have to do that."

"Well why not?" She arched an eyebrow. "You spend a lot of time with him now."

"Yeah, only recently. We're just becoming better friends, that's all." I said adamantly. I finished up breakfast and washed it by hand before stacking it on the rack to dry.

"Okay fine, invite Sophie and Oliver too then. You can have a movie night with your friends afterwards," she pushed on. "It's the holiday season! It'd be nice to have some more people over to spend time with, like your friends."

"Alright okay, I'll ask them." I reluctantly agreed. I knew that she felt a little lonelier during these times. "Bye mom, love you!" I raced out the door as I heard the sound of Kade's car rumbling from outside.

I quickly hopped in, throwing my bag down in the space between my feet. "Hey," I smiled.

"Hi," he shot me one of his charming lopsided grins, pulling away from the drive.

"So uh, I kinda have something to ask you..." I began, not sure what to say. "My mom wants you to come over for dinner...and Soph and Oliver will probably come too."

He nodded slowly, eyes on the road as he drove on. "Okay, sure. When?"

"Um... I guess when we are all free sometime?"

"Okay," he shrugged.

I slouched back into my seat, relieved that he said yes and wasn't weird about it. Cool. We'll just have a small dinner so my mom's pleased.

"So you move fast huh?" He chuckled. "I'm having dinner with the family, next thing you know I'll be living with you and getting married and having four kids."

I choked. "What the hell Whitley?!"

"So clingy Bels." He continued to tease, smirking out of the corner of his eyes.

"I am not clingy!!!" I protested. "I didn't even want to invite you!"

"Aw, now we all know that would be no fun if I didn't come." He joked. "Pun intended."

"This conversation is so over!" I exclaimed, running out of the car as if my ass was on fire. I don't think I can look him in the eye straight for the rest of the school day.

"See you at dinner, honey!"

~

I put it off for a solid week.

But alas, here I was stirring the mince sauce filling for the lasagna my mom was making. She layered the baking dish with the flat sheets before spooning over some bechamel/white sauce. I followed suit, spooning the red sauce on top as we repeated the same patterns. Once that was done, it was topped with some more bechamel and cheese before being stuck in the oven. Whilst that was baking, we prepped some salad on the side and she whipped up some chocolate mousse for dessert.