Thirty two

Kade P.O.V

The ceremony was beautiful. And yes, I am saying beautiful. I am pretty sure I had at least one tear-drop in my eye. Or there was someone cutting onions all up in here.

My best friend just got hitched. He is now a husband. That thought was just fucking crazy to me. And Sophie was now a wife. Those titles suited them though, they were the most loving couple I knew. I guess it was true love for them all those years ago, and that was that.

We travelled to a couple of locations, such as one of the fancy historic Rhode Island homes to take wedding photos and videos, and we also took some on the beach. At one point, we even got to play around with these colourful smoke candles and run around an open grassy field with it. It was awesome. Isobel and I got a ton of coupley shots since we were best man and maid of honour. I may have even stretched the "coupliness" a little further than normal, playfully embracing her. The photographers ate it up though.

The rest of the afternoon was spent much the same. Who knew getting wedding photos and videos would take like almost three hours? It was now almost 6pm and we had stopped by the hotel so everyone could have a quick breather and freshen themselves up before heading to the venue for the reception. Time had flown by so quickly today, and now it was time for the fun part.

6:30pm. We had arrived at the venue, grabbed a few drinks and appetisers before readying ourselves to make an entrance at 7pm, with entrees starting at 7:15pm. Out of interest, I read the plan Sophie and Isobel made so I knew when speeches were- 7:45pm, just before dinner at around 8:00pm, then a few more rounds of speeches at 8:45pm. After that? Tons of games and dessert!

The M.C- a random guy from the boathouse made his introductions and laid down some house rules. I was lined up next to Isobel, ready to enter from the back and make our way to the stage.

"Please give a warm welcome to your first pair, bridesmaid Claudia Richardson and groomsman Remi Hyatt!"

Claudia and Remi stepped out, arm in arm, cheering as they approached the centre stage. A round of applause echoed throughout the guests to greet them.

"Now, let's all give an applause to bridesmaid Jenny Loren and groomsman Jacob Kilmour!"

Laughter erupted as Jenny and Jacob danced their way forward in a very unique manner. I took out my phone and quickly snapchatted the hilarious scene of Jacob attempting to krump and Jenny twerking as they made their way to the stage.

"Well I guess we know who'll be tearing up the dance floor this evening," the M.C. joked. "Okay, last but not least, your third bridesmaid and groomsman pair for the evening- Casey Herman and Tobias McIntyre!"

Tobias escorted Casey to the stage, as they both waved and smiled. He stepped side, spreading his arms out wide and gestured at her playfully whilst she took a little bow.

My body buzzed with excitement as Bels and I were next. I'm gonna have fun with this.

"Alright alright! Let's give a special welcome to your maid of honour and best man- Isobel Hernandez and Kade Whitley!"

With her arm in mine, we cheered loudly as we stepped forward to the stage. I grabbed her hand and gave her a little twirl before bringing her down into a dip. The beautiful sounds of her giggles and a couple of wolf whistles could be heard amidst the applause.

"Whew, ladies, or men- if you need a dance partner later on- the best man has got some moves!" He winked, causing the guests to chuckle. "And now, for what you have all been waiting for... let's give a HUGE welcome to your newly-weds, husband and wife- OLIVER AND SOPHIE LOWE!!"