Fifty

Kade P.O.V.

I couldn't take it anymore.

I manned up, quit my whining and took a flight straight out of Chicago and to New York as soon as my last work day was over.

And it was worth it.

Oliver and Soph willingly gave up Isobel's address thank goodness, so I could head over there and make her my girl.

For real this time.

No more fooling around, no more unanswered questions and no more doubt.

~

As I stared down at her beautiful face, I feel like now, I could finally reach out to her soul and grow the connection that we've always had. The sun set atop the Empire State Building as we gazed at the view, taking in the thousands of sparkling lights of the city. NYC was a spectacular sight. I had never been on top of the building before, but it was quite worth it especially since I got to do it with Bels.

I tugged her to my side, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as I noticed goosebumps on her skin. Silly thing was wearing a barely there top that hugged the curves of her body, leaving a small gap of skin around her waist. Not complaining about the view, but she was cold.

About now was as good a time as any to get a move on with my date plans this Friday night. Of course, not without a bit of her tricky behaviour. Quickly, I wrapped my hand around her small one, inviting the warm tingles that ignited at our touch. I lead her back down the elevator to the ground floor before hailing a cab.

"What have you got up your sleeve Whitley?" Bel glanced at me curiously.

I continued to smile, pressing a kiss to our joint hands.

"What is it?" Her expression turned into suspicion, as she eyed me. "You're smiling too much."

"Can't I just be happy?" I arched a brow. "To be here with you?"

A smile broke through her previous expression before she leaned her head on my shoulder. "I'm happy that you're here."

I grinned, placing my hand on her thigh. "About time you admitted you love being with me."

She chuckled, saying nothing more. That was an admittance in itself.

"Okay! We're here!" I said excitedly, handing the cab driver some cash as the car came to a stop. I slid out the door first before holding it open for her to exit.

"Thankyou," she beamed, stepping out onto the street. Her gaze glanced up at the place we had just stopped by. "Eataly..." she murmured reading the illuminated sign above the brick building.

"Hungry?" I asked, leading her into the restaurant.

Her face lit up as she nodded eagerly.

"Welcome!" A loud, hearty voice boomed as a man in an all white chef's attire, complete with a white hat, stepped out grinning.

"Hi Emilio," I smiled, glancing down at his name badge before taking the man's hand to shake. "This is Isobel."

"You must be Mr Whitley," he grinned, giving me a firm shake, before doing the same with Bels. "Please come on through."

I followed behind Bel and Emilio, our chef instructor back into the small cooking class studio. I had hired a private class for us this evening, so we could have fun and make our own dinner. I hoped it would be a good idea.

Bels drank in her surroundings, darting her gaze around the kitchen room before looking at me with a big grin. "Are we cooking?"

I nodded enthusiastically as we stepped behind a metal bench in front of Emilio's, whom was at the front. Some light Italian music was playing in the background, giving us an authentic-feeling atmosphere.