Sixteen *

- 6 years ago, Gramwood High-

Isobel P.O.V.

Another victory was had for the Gramwood Groupers. This meant that the team had successfully advanced to the playoffs. Kade, Oliver, Sophie and I made it back to Kade's house so we could get ready for the party. All I had to do was freshen up and change really, whilst they all had to have showers. Kade had a couple of guest rooms handy in this massive house, so Oliver and Soph took one, whilst I took another. There were still about two spares for any other guests who wanted to crash, most likely the birthday boy Jacob, Jenny or Tobias... unless they had other plans.

I could hear the distant shouts and hollers as partygoers began to arrive, carrying kegs of beer and cheering on our quarterback, Jacob. The speakers squeaked for a second, before it was properly connected and the loud bass boomed loudly throughout the house. We promptly also received a large pizza delivery to feed our ravenous guests. I closed and locked the door behind me as I left my room and headed downstairs to join everyone. Majority of the lights were shut off as the makeshift dance floor was lit with a colourful strobe light. Hordes of people had already begun to dance, drink and eat away in celebration of their win and Jacob's 18th birthday.

"Hi!" Tobias came over with two drinks in hand. "Drink?" he shouted over the music.

"What is it?" I asked him curiously. I had tasted alcohol before, but never did I drink too heavily, or things I was unsure about.

"Well I have beer, but this is Mike's hard lemonade! Just like lemonade with a bit of alcohol," he explained. "I think you'll like it."

Sounded okay.

"Yes please," I nodded, taking the bottle from him. "Thanks!"

"Cheers," he grinned clinking his drink to mine. I smiled as I took a sip of the citrus- flavoured drink. Mm!

The scent of melted cheese and crisp oven-baked crust lured me over to the food table. I grabbed a slice (or two) of the margherita pizza, munching happily on it as I observed the party rage on. Free food may be one of the best thing about coming to parties.

"Yooooooo!" Jacob bellowed, standing up on the pool table with a microphone in hand. A loud chorus of cheers erupted from partygoers for their quarterback. "So I'd just like to say- Goooooo Gramwood Groupers!!!"

"Hu hu hu hu hu," the guys chanted in deep grunts.

"Yeah boys!" He grinned, pointing at the football team. "Anyways, thanks for coming out tonight ya'll for the big 1-8! You know what that means ladies, I'm legal," he winked. I shook my head and chuckled. "Have a ballin' night! Plus shoutout to Whitley, the man for letting us use his house!!! Wooo!!!" He pumped his fist.

"Happy birthday dog!!!" Someone shouted as Jacob grinned and hopped off the "stage".

What a crazy guy, but nevertheless always a happy, and energetic person to be around.

"Having fun?" Kade snuck up behind me. "Y'know there's plenty of pizza left..." he said, steering me away from the food table.

"Well you know, you paid for it so I gotta make the most of it." I said smugly, patting him on the shoulder. "Thanks Kadey."

He laughed, as we continued to stroll. "Nah I didn't pay for it. The team did."

"Huh," I nodded. "I thought you threw this whole thing?"

He shook his head. "Nope, Jacob promised to help set up and clean afterwards and got a couple of guys to provide drinks. Plus people bring their own anyway. And the football/cheer team chipped in to buy pizza. I just offered up a venue. Thanks to my parents for that one too, I guess," he laughed.