Twenty three

Isobel P.O.V.

My head softly bopped up and down to the gentle, slow breathing motions of a firm surface. I stirred in my sleep, nuzzling my head towards the inviting warmth.

"Good morning," Kade's raspy voice whispered, tucking a piece of hair behind my ears.

Kade's voice.

Oh my gosh we fell asleep together last night! I strained to crack an eye open to confirm my theory. I peered up at him, taking in his rugged face that was gently illuminated by streaks of sunlight, making him look like some sort of Greek god. It's really not fair how perfect he looks.

"Morning," I murmured softly.

"Did you sleep well?" He smiled, gently rubbing my arm. I was curled up beside him with an arm resting on his chest and one leg draped over his lower body. Damn, I am a total clinger in my sleep.

"Yeah," I mumbled, untangling my leg. "You?"

"Mm-hm," he murmured, resting his hand on my waist. "Always with you, holding on to me tightly," he smirked.

I can't be held responsible for what I do when I'm unconscious.

"Don't get any ideas," I arched an eyebrow and crossed my arms over. "I just fell asleep."

He smirked. "You can't resist me Bels."

"I totally can," I straightened up, distancing myself from him.

He got up too and crawled closer with a devilish tint in his eyes, not once lifting his sight off me. I slid off the opposite side of the bed cautiously as I stared him right back.

"Scared Bels?" He added cockily, with a lopsided grin as he slid off the bed and stalked towards me.

"No." I backed away slowly. Why does my mouth say things that are easily betrayed by my body language?

He pounced forward, causing me to run around to the other side of the bed hoping to escape. We circled each other for a minute, trying to anticipate where the other would run to. He grinned, before he leapt forward, catching me around the waist.

"Kade!" I laughed as he fully tackled me, causing us to collide in a heap on the bed. He propped himself up, easing his weight off me as his body lay in between mine.

With one hand he cupped my cheek softly. "Can I kiss you?" He murmured, his eyes drifting towards my lips.

"Asking for consent now huh?" I teased amusedly.

"Well the first time; you kissed me," he smirked. "And I just wanted to check to see if you hadn't lost your memory since last night."

As long as we kept a lid on it, just kissing wouldn't hurt. I smirked in amusement, always up for a challenge.

"Kiss me Kade Whitley. Kiss me if you can."

His mouth spread into a devious grin as he pressed our lips together. An explosive feeling took over as our mouths moved in sync against one another. I softly sucked on his lip as he pulled mine in, before smoothing it over with his tongue. He squeezed my hip as his fingers ran over my hip bone. I drew back for air as I pushed him away biting my lip.

"I gotta go now," I giggled. "Or you're never going to let me go."

"Perhaps," he tilted his head playfully, "or you'll never want to leave. I told you, you couldn't resist me," he smirked.

"Yeah, yeah hot shot. This is a one-off. I was bored." I shrugged as casually as I could, collecting my belongings as I got up from the bed.

"Sure Bel. We all know you're a shitty liar. Drew, your gay best friend at Red? Really? It wasn't hard to figure out." He laughed.