TWO

Emma Pov.

The next morning my routine was basically the same except for my makeup. I applied a heavy amount of concealer onto my dark temple that Ethan had caused to bruise. Then I coated the concealing liquid with some smooth foundation.

I didn't eat breakfast that morning either, I just headed out the door in my tan 'kid cudi' hoodie and some black leggings.

When I got to school-after walking the long walk for exercise-I saw my
friend Hannah walking towards me & smiled. Hannah was always so bubbly over nothing.

When she reached me, she smiled widely & stopped right in front of me. "Emma oh my god. There's a party at Cameron's tonight and you have to come with me." Hannah gushed & I shrugged. "I don't know Hannah...partying isn't really my thing." I replied & she frowned. "Please. Please. Please." She continued to beg while yanking on my arm like a five-year-old. I rolled my eyes. "Fine. I'll go." I said, giving in & Hannah basically squealed. "Yes! I'll pick you up at eight. Be ready." She explained & winked before walking off to somewhere.

I sighed & continued to walk to my own locker, grabbing my Spanish folder.

I yelped when my locker door slammed shut onto my fingers & jerked my hand away, cradling it as it throbbed.

I looked up to see Ethan snickering at me, him being the person that slammed the locker shut. "Cunt." He said bluntly & chuckled, before walking away to the Spanish room.

I clenched my jaw & waited a few moments before heading to the same room.

It was pretty rough, the next three periods whenever I had to write. My fingers wouldn't stop trembling & were already almost a dark purple from the bruising.

Every single teacher asked what happened when they saw me struggling as well & since I couldn't tell them the truth I just said that I 'accidentally slammed them in my closet door'.

Now it was lunch. I didn't get anything, so I was just sitting at the usual table while I waited for Ellie & Hannah to finish buying their lunches.

There was suddenly a presence next to me & I tensed up, turning slowly only to see that it was just Grayson.

I let out a breath of relief & glared at him. "You scared the shit out of me!" I exclaimed quietly and he chuckled. "Sorry," he started & looked down at my throbbing fingers, "Ethan did that didn't he?" Grayson asked, his eyebrows knitting together. I rubbed my lips against one another & nodded slowly. He let out a scoff & scratched the back of his head. "I'm so sorry Em, you don't deserve the way he treats you. I don't even know why he does it. He's such a jerk for no reason." He said with sympathy & I shrugged, looking down. "It's okay Grayson, it's not your fault he's this way." I responded & looked back up to see Grayson nodding, he then looked around. "Listen, I gotta go but are you going to the party tonight?" He asked & I nodded back. "Yeah, Hannah's dragging me there." I exasperated & he laughed lightly. "Alright well I'll see you there then." He said & smiled before walking back towards his own table with his friends.

I looked in the lunch line & saw Ellie with Hannah, they were flirting with a few jocks from our football team.

Since they were occupied & I didn't have anything better to do, I decided to go roam the halls.

After walking down a few of the halls, looking for something to do & finding nothing-I was about to give up until I heard a commotion going on in one of the deserted halls.

I walked towards the noise & as I got closer, I could tell it was somebody yelling.

I turned the corner & saw Ethan pinning up a guy that I'd never seen before against the lockers. He looked pretty scrawny though.